SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm a new car owner here of a used 2011 Volvo S60.

My used car came with a windshield that causes rain to just stay there instead of gliding off. It makes visibility not too great so I wanted to know if it is advisable to treat it with Rain X spray?

On a different, but possibly related note, my car is low of washer fluid: do I need to buy Volvo washer fluid and replace it myself, or are there other brands that you guys recommend?

Thank you in advance for any advice you can offer!

-VolvoNY

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Hi,

I'm a new car owner here of a used 2011 Volvo S60.

My used car came with a windshield that causes rain to just stay there instead of gliding off. It makes visibility not too great so I wanted to know if it is advisable to treat it with Rain X spray?

On a different, but possibly related note, my car is low of washer fluid: do I need to buy Volvo washer fluid and replace it myself, or are there other brands that you guys recommend?

Thank you in advance for any advice you can offer!

-VolvoNY
I use the rain x that comes in a bottle on all my volvos. I would if I were you. Haven't used the spray bottle but I'm sure it's the same.

·
Registered
2021 XC60 Inscription Denim Blue, T5, Prancing Moose, AWD, Climate,
1,843 Posts
You can do whatever you want with your car.

Rain-X works fine on windshields. They even make a Rain-X washer fluid if you're so inclined.

You don't need to buy Volvo washer fluid.

·
Registered
543 Posts
RainX works great--seriously helps visibility in storms.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I use the Rainx additive that goes in with any regular windshield washer fluid. 1oz per gallon and cost is about $5/16oz.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts