SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, of course most of you guys know me already, ive been thinking on what my next step is since I love working on cars for a hobby, I have a black s40 t5 awd m66 full package black ttech, im at 110k on my car and im not sure if its worth building now because i want it to last if i put money in it. Ive never had an issue with the car yet, just did timing belt. my goal for my next car (any car that may be) is 370-400whp.

I was debating on getting a new c30 r design because of the new body, and the interior features. But im not sure if its worth it or if i want a fwd car again

its build the s40 or get the c30, i dont really like many other cars out today

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Keep the S40 and invest in that. The C30 is only FWD and that ain't really that fantastic. Thrus the C30 is only an S40 with the missing trunk. Not really much difference.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea but im missing the aux, the blue dash, if i build the s40 will it last? i need a real expert opinion lol i dont have exp w volvo

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Blue dash: nothing special. Only blue dials. You can retrofit them without any worry.
Aux: nothing special. You can retrofit a GROM Audio unit to play AUX, USB and MP3 (depending on the radio system)

If you build it up, it will hold as much as you invest. Take a cheap tune, and it will blow quickly. Invest some good cash, get the whole thing sorted out correctly (means exceeding the 4 digit numbers and heading up to the 5 digits) and it will hold a very long time.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats what i thought, thanks for your input, i never take the easy way out on a car, i do it once, i do it right. the build will begin

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. You are going to go through the entire engine and refresh everything if you're doing a full build anyways, might as well stick with what you have with a more functional drivetrain.

I dont really like many other cars out today

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol that made me laugh

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
1)Trade me your car for cash
2)Trade said cash for a C30
3)Profit?

But seriously by the time you buy a C30 you will be stages behind in the build process than if you had just stuck with the 40. Which the AWD is going to handle that power 10x better.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I have a suggestion, except for Ingen intake, which does little or worse than nothing on a stock motor, your car is stock. A more realistic approach would be to tell us what your budget is and we will all gladly reccommend what the first mods should be. Saying you want 400WHP is an ideal but not going to happen without a lot of $$$. I don't think you realize how expensive it will be,
to build a safe, reliable 400WHP DD. You have to address all of it, drivetrain, brakes, suspension, not just throwing on a bigger turbo, not to mention injectors, tune, cams, meth/water injection,more tuning lol, FMIC, and a lot more. If you want to push 400whp+, new forged motor, umm 20K. That's assuming your car is pristene and worthy of that much money in upgrades. I am not being a prick, start small, and build from there. Seriously, try multiples of 5 digits to reach 400WHP reliably and safely.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
I have a suggestion, except for Ingen intake, which does little or worse than nothing on a stock motor, your car is stock. A more realistic approach would be to tell us what your budget is and we will all gladly reccommend what the first mods should be. Saying you want 400WHP is an ideal but not going to happen without a lot of $$$. I don't think you realize how expensive it will be,
to build a safe, reliable 400WHP DD. You have to address all of it, drivetrain, brakes, suspension, not just throwing on a bigger turbo, not to mention injectors, tune, cams, meth/water injection,more tuning lol, FMIC, and a lot more. If you want to push 400whp+, new forged motor, umm 20K. That's assuming your car is pristene and worthy of that much money in upgrades. I am not being a prick, start small, and build from there. Seriously, try multiples of 5 digits to reach 400WHP reliably and safely.
I hate to say this because I'd hate stopping someone in its track but I kind of agree with Madden... I think Volvo's are hell expensive to mod properly in comparison to more popular brands and to get to that 400WHP you will not only need top $ but also a lot of dedication to that "brand". If you have only one of those two you might better look else where :p I moded my car but as much as I love it I probably would not spend the money to get it to 400WHP nor would I have the passion for the brand to do so if I did have the money... I've enjoyed working on the car like no other car I've had but that's not enough :p

. . . Now if you really are that passionate about it than it's time to be serious and tag a S40 AWD train to your brand new to be C30, the Polestar way! Heck you might even start looking at what's available to adapt from the S60R ;)

·
Registered
3,256 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
I've had more compliments on my car as it is.

Sign me up for a 400WP custom vinyl sticker at 1/1000th of the actual mod price.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Are those Volvo polestar stickers? hmm probably $350 or so, Lol ;)

·
Registered
1,330 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
i would definitely do it ...:S

1 - 16 of 16 Posts