SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone painted their rims black?

Can it be a DIY job? Any tips on paint or prep?

Basically my car would look just like this but with black rims! What do you think?

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: Should I paint my T5 Rims Black? (SML)

Personally I don't care for black Tethys wheels but it's your car.....
"SeventyR" bought some for a T5 wagon I sold him, they lasted on the car for only a couple of months

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Absolutely do it. I love black wheels (i have them), and it's a really easy mod that will make your car look much better. I used rustoleum, like 3-4coats, and it will be perfectly flat black. Just make sure you do a good sanding job. You can use primer if you want, I didn't, but they were more of my "winter wheels", but they're also my only set for now. Just sand it with 300grit paper just so the paint sticks well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
hi new here from bonny scotland
i have a stone black s60t5 just got my rims refurbed so i went for something diffrent BLACK RIMS ,SML was asking what they look like ,i think they look pretty cool still need centre caps

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Re: Should I paint my T5 Rims Black? (SML)

If you were to also paint the moldings a true black, I think that would look pretty good. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Re: (t5edgey)

Quote, originally posted by t5edgey »
hi new here from bonny scotland
i have a stone black s60t5 just got my rims refurbed so i went for something diffrent BLACK RIMS ,SML was asking what they look like ,i think they look pretty cool still need centre caps

The black on black is nice - but please paint the calipers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Re: Should I paint my T5 Rims Black? (VTT5)

hi your the first one ive spoke to on here HELLLLLLLLLO
cheers i think so to but cost a lot to do that ive dyed the with forever black thats bought them up alot

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Re: Should I paint my T5 Rims Black? (t5edgey)

Oops sorry to not to welcome you to Swedespeed in my previous post, so Welcome and enjoy SS!!

I was referring to painting the brake calipers black or another fancy color. The paint is cheap and all you need is a day for it to dry.

http://www.ipdusa.com/Volvo-S6...3385/

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Re: Should I paint my T5 Rims Black? (t5edgey)

Quote, originally posted by t5edgey »
HI NOT GOT ROUND TO PAINTING THE YET BUT IT WILL COME THINKING RED WOT YOU THINK

Red is too flashy for me.

Since you have the black thing going with the grille I would go with black calipers

·
Registered
12 Posts
Re: Should I paint my T5 Rims Black? (850arrrsaylikepirate)

ye thanks fot that input black would be good , would like a lot of things for my car these things cost ie bodykis ,suspention etc etc
the forum seem realy good tho lots of info on hare
roy

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.