SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the reasoning - I have a 2015.0 V60 with the Drive-E engine. The threads about oil consumption are a little worrying, but this past week I had an issue with a whistling noise from the engine along with a CEL. The dealer diagnosed it as something plugged in the crankcase ventilation system - there was an overpressure relief that was opening, that explained the whistling noise. Now I have a CPO warranty, so that repair was all covered - didn't cost me a dime, but it got me thinking. But I have 75K miles on the car, and the CPO warranty will run out in 1-2 years..

I should add that I have never had an oil consumption issue. I *sometimes* need to add 1/2 quart between oil changes, but that's the extent of what I ever have to add.

So there is that. All other things being equal, if I did trade, I would probably get a newer V60. And while the new CPO warranty isn't as good as the one I currently have, I guess it is still better than nothing. But the other side of it is that we will eventually be moving to an area where the nearest dealer is 1-1/2 hours away, and I wonder about the practicality of it all. I don't know what the maximum distance that most people might consider acceptable.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
14,004 Posts
Makes sense to consider trading if you tend to like to have extended warranty coverage as the warranty on your car is running out in a year or two. The oil burning issue may affect your car or it may not - I don't know that I'd sell it just for that reason but maybe it's a contributing factor.

I don't know that I would be crazy about being an hour and a half away from a dealer. The closest dealer to where I live is a half hour away and I think that's too far, lol. YMMV. Then again, if you live in a rural area and there are no dealers for any brands close by you pretty much have no choice.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
If the maintenance and service life of the engine are bothering you, may I humbly suggest a Polestar 2?

No engine nor cooling system, etc. So, you’ll have to do tires, brakes and bushings plus, eventually, the battery pack. That will be expensive, but likely either less expensive and/or greater capacity and range than the original and, meanwhile, you have hardly ever had to visit the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
760 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts