SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63,541 Posts
Says accident with "slight damage", so take that with a grain of salt.
It may be fine, it just had poor paintwork and you need to offer $500 less to cover a repaint AND A PROPER BLEND of that fender

·
Registered
13,201 Posts
Did you have the car checked out by a mechanic?

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Look at the retailer: [video]http://interbodyauto.com/[/video]

It's a body shop that sells cars. I would be afraid to buy that R, unless there is good documentation of the damage (photos) from the collision. They buy cars from auction, so the chance of good or decent service records is unlikely. A thorough inspection by a skilled mechanic and/or 3rd party body guy is in order. Ask yourself, "Why was the car damaged so much the previous owner (or insurance) didn't fix it?"

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JRL - Yea that's the first thing he told me, he brought it down $234 but I'm not really concerned about the repair as I will be attending auto technician school where there is collision repair that allows students to work on their own cars.

Wayne T5- He is willing to take it to a mechanic if I pay for it. I live 1200 miles away so it's not that simple.

Vio-TT-R - Maybe jaja

Ti-R- Give me a deal.

·
Registered
28 Posts
There's two accidents showing up on the Carfax - one in January of 2004, which also indicates structural damage, and one in October of 2007. Though it doesn't look like the title's been branded, I'd give this one a pass.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
no-do not buy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts