839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my driverside low beam burned out a couple days ago
now looking to replace both side low beams and maybe fogs

any recommendations?

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I have had very good results and service with Sylvania Silverstars. In fact I finally had one go out tonight after 4.5 years. When I installed them back in 2008, Sylvania only had the regular Silverstar available. Now they have the Silverstar zXe and the Ultra. I have also had very good experience with PIAA too, however, the Regular Silverstar was a little brighter and whiter than the PIAA in a side by side comparison.

There had been some reports of short life for the Silverstars. I think they have much improved. In my '02 S40, I had the first set go bad after 1 year. The next set were Ultras and went 3 years and were still going when the car was totaled.

Stan

·
Registered
560 Posts
I've had silver star regulars in my Rodeo for about 6 years with no issues. Just put silver star ultras in the Volvo. Will see how they last, I've read they dont last as long as the regulars. Of course the lights arent on all the time in the Isuzu like they are in the Volvo and I dont drive at night very often. Light output is much better then standard halogen.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Replace the H11 with H9. The H11 is a 50 or 55 watt bulb that produces 1200 to 1350 lumens.
The H11 is almost identical in shape to the H9 bulb, which is a 65 watt bulb that produces 2100 lumens.

You need to trim the tabs to make them fit. Search the form for instruction

Standard H9 are cheap on E-bay so buy a half dozen and repace when they burn out. I have been getting about 2 years before one of the two burn out. So 4 years per bulb

If you want brighter High beams replace the HB 9005 1700 lumens HB 9011 HIR 2350
lumens. The HIR is a special high intensity design that never became popualr because of HIDs. They cost a bit more but high beams last longer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts