SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted awhile back about finding a family car for my wife, who settled on an XC90. Soon my '08 C30 is not going to be enough of a family car as my wife and I are expecting kid #2 end of January. So, I'm hoping to find an '06-07 XC70 to swap for my C30.

What I'd like to hear from you all is what to watch for, check for and beware of. Thanks.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Personally Steve, you may be happier racing around Herndon Parkway in a V70R http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?243505-2005-V70R-Silver-Atacama-105K-Charlotte-NC
Haha. If I got an R I'd want it in manual, which you clearly state it is not �� That is one beautiful car though. I'm looking for an XC70 to throw some bad swede lift springs on and take my kids off the beaten path. Or at least that will be the reason I give my wife for buying lift springs and larger tires.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Manual Swap, XC Lift.. BAM, AWD Off Road Race Wagon.
But the 06-07 XC70 are good vehicles. You should be happy with one of those picking up groceries at Wegmans. Overall I'd look for worn suspension components, ie struts, shocks, control arm bushings, brakes. Working in the DC Metro Area for 14 on Volvo's, I saw more of those issues than where I'm at now in Charlotte. Traffic up there is 2nd to none so brakes wear quickly and supporting suspension components take a beating. Road salt doesn't help matters either from the nasty Winter weather you can sometimes receive. Always get a Pre Purchase Inspection. AutoScandia in Herndon or Viking Automotive in Chantilly is where I would recommend.

I grew up in Reston, Go Seahawks! :)

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
If you would like me to try to find you a good one, please contact me

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been going to Autoscandia my whole driving life, great place, great people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
309 Posts
Picked up an 06 xc70 in July.. From a Nigerian in downtown Baltimore... Should've know better... Was only marked up 1k over auction+ fees.. Paid 4k. Body and interior were in fantastic shape.. Need new PCV..

Trans ended up bad... Bad downshift.. NOT valve body... Frozen Planetary gear, stripped sun gear and differential splines were almost gone

So.. Make sure no bad shift on a warm trans.. My first hand advice.. This is my 7th p2 Volvo and first real trans issue (01 v70 t5 original 300k on trans before it died)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool cool. Thanks for the advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts