SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a good shop to remove center resonator in Bergen County, NJ? Thanks in advance. After reading alot of good about it I might as well do it.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: Shop to remove center resonator in Bergen County, NJ? (pitogo)

Yellow Pages-Automobiles-Exhaust or Muffler shop.<br>Thsi is NOT rocket science and any goofball with a welder should be able to do it

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Re: Shop to remove center resonator in Bergen County, NJ? (JimLill)

Since it is a SS exhaust, when these shops remove the center resonator, what do they replace that piece with? SS or aluminum? Weld or clamps?<p>Do these shops carry SS tubing as a matter of course?

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: Shop to remove center resonator in Bergen County, NJ? (Short Circuit)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Short Circuit</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Since it is a SS exhaust, when these shops remove the center resonator, what do they replace that piece with? SS or aluminum? Weld or clamps?<p>Do these shops carry SS tubing as a matter of course?</TD></TR></TABLE><br>(Sigh)<br><B>Yellow Pages</B>-Automobiles-Exhaust or Muffler shop.<br>Pick up the damn telephone<br>

·
Registered
1,901 Posts

Hi Mike - I had mine done by Monro Muffler on Rt 46 West in Wayne NJ (near my office - $50.) 973.256.3513. Ask for Casey - he is a turbo nut & he does nice work. I was just there on Wednesday for rear brakes for my Sequoia and he was working on his girlfriends Eclipse with a HUGE custom turbo.<p>But really, any competent shop can handle it - nothing special... <BR><BR>
<i>Modified by bschurr at 8:51 AM 4-14-2006</i>

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: Shop to remove center resonator in Bergen County, NJ? (Short Circuit)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Short Circuit</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">?<p>Do these shops carry SS tubing as a matter of course?</TD></TR></TABLE><br>If they don't they can get a piece in a day for you

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Shop to remove center resonator in Bergen County, NJ? (bschurr)

Hey barry thanks. Unlike some other fools on this board you're reply was what I needed. I'm trying to avoid another disaster like what happened with Ronal. We both lost out on that raw deal... and supposedly he's a competent dealer of fine German wheels?!?!? For a simple job I just want it done right. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts

I use Minieke on Rt 46 in Lodi <br>Try those guys. The shop looks like S$$t but the work is good.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
try Mineke on Grand ave in Englewood. Ask for Bob Vrogendy, he ran straight pipes from after the cats on my car and did a great job. He could remove your resonator in no time. Email me if you want to meet up to hear my car.<br>DAn

1 - 10 of 10 Posts