SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just purchased a 1999 c70 with only 65,000 miles on it! I really like c70, and love Volvo quality. I like doing my own work, but cannot find a shop manual for it.
Does anyone know if they are available, new or used, paper or electronic format.??
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank You
Warren P

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Remote receiver unit - location/ compatibility

Hi,
I have two C70”s, one with a working remote(2002) the other without (1999). I want to get the remote to work on the 99, but don’t want to pay Volvo $300 to program the remote receiver with a remote.
I thought swapping the remote receiver (module?) from the 2002
Into the 99 world work.
Can anybody tell me where it’s located, and or tell me where I can find instructions on how to get to it.
Thanks!

Warren P

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Hi,
I have two C70”s, one with a working remote(2002) the other without (1999). I want to get the remote to work on the 99, but don’t want to pay Volvo $300 to program the remote receiver with a remote.
I thought swapping the remote receiver (module?) from the 2002
Into the 99 world work.
Can anybody tell me where it’s located, and or tell me where I can find instructions on how to get to it.
Thanks!

Warren P
For Shop manuals, I found the Chiltons to be pretty good. Bought mine off ebay.

As for the remote, I suggest you find an indy shop. It should be no more than $25 to get the remotes programmed. It takes whole 3 or 4 minutes to do it. Whoever gave you the $300 quote is trying to get rich off you!

·
Registered
17,018 Posts
VIDA is the best repair manual you can get.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts