SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I ordered the Elevate torque mount and Snabb short throw shifter......

Hopefully they'll be in by next weekend. I will post pics.:beer:

If things go well at work, I could see an intercooler purchase in September or October. Yeah I know, right when the weather starts cooling off:rolleyes:

I must admit something, being in the northeast, I see limited use of the intercooler. Anybody around forty degrees (latitude) north or south have any experience that they'd like to share?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Last night I ordered the Elevate torque mount and Snabb short throw shifter......

Hopefully they'll be in by next weekend. I will post pics.:beer:

If things go well at work, I could see an intercooler purchase in September or October. Yeah I know, right when the weather starts cooling off:rolleyes:

I must admit something, being in the northeast, I see limited use of the intercooler. Anybody around forty degrees (latitude) north or south have any experience that they'd like to share?

Thanks in advance.
I'm in Pittsburgh, PA and can assure u with this hot summer we are having, there is a definite benefit. I couldn't really tell a substantial difference being I have a tune until the weather started to heat up.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
You'll love the Snabb kit and stiffer torque mount...especially since you have the flywheel and clutch. I couldn't ask for a better shifting tranny at this point. I would definitely upgrade your intercooler...being that you already have the DP/exhaust and a tune it's only the next logical step.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just watched the YouTube video on Elevate's Intake Manifold (no, I'm not a paid spokesman of any kind) and it looks pretty interesting. I may save the IC for the Fall when I have a better chance of noticing the benefit and picking this up instead. I have plenty of time to decide.

Thanks for the input on the IC as well as the short shifter and torque mount.

Strangely enough, my biggest complaint about the shifter is my hand occasionally hitting the AC button by mistake upon shifts. The more direct engagement is the icing on the cake. The torque mount I really need, especially now that I have a clutch that engages as it should. I'm really looking forward to this coming week.:beer:

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh yeah! 20 more miles until my clutch is broken in!

This is going to be real bad. The car gets better gas mileage now when I hypermile it than ever before. But when I thrash it a little (as stated, still breaking her in) wow does it suck it down! It is expected but seeing it is interesting.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow Snabb is fast! It showed up this afternoon. Would have installed it today but we HAD to go see Ice Age 4, the kids liked it more than Brave (no scary bear.) Will be installed in the morning. Gnight.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Let us know how you like driving your car after you install the SSK and mount. Honestly, a few weeks back, I drove a friend's C30 with stock shifter and torque mount and I don't know how I ever drove my car that way. I let him drive my car as well and he loved the way it felt. It will change your entire driving experience :)

The only thing I don't like about the shifter is that it is very hard to get into 1st and reverse when it's cold outside. However, once the car warms up it's fine.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The SSK is done and wow what a difference! This is how the car should have came from stock. Not that I've had many manual cars to compare but my favorite shifting car was my Miata, it was my standard and I remember it vividly. This is better, the throw is the same but it feels more mechanical which kind of sounds like a bad thing but it's not. It feels more connected, more direct. Sorry for forgetting to take pics, had to run to Wegmans. I'm off today so it's a BBQ day, time for roast beast!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Torque mount has arrived! I'll install after work tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, we are together, sorted out and all parts are installed. MM you are correct! It really does feel much better! I didn't think it felt sloppy before but man does she feel tighter now. Definitely not harsh, now I'll concentrate on avoiding tickets and cracking her up.

I'll have to change the smiley faces on my sig to big grins;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts