21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Re: (s140s)

Quote, originally posted by s140s »
I might be intrested too if he wants to do another one

He might shoot him an email and see what he says, get in on discount if you can. Let him know your heard about it on SS.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Install done. Pics to come as soon as I get them from Joseph. It was a pretty straight forward and easy install. Just time consuming (3 hours).

How-to and pics later today or tomorrow.

Art

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Re: (elpresspl)

sounds like my project in 2 weeks , following trunk sratch repair this weekend

also I should be getting my trans mount this week so u might expect to see me with your mount http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
188 Posts
Re: (s140s)

Quote, originally posted by s140s »
sounds like my project in 2 weeks , following trunk sratch repair this weekend

also I should be getting my trans mount this week so u might expect to see me with your mount http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

After you get your new mount just throw that one away
I don't need it

Glad to help

Art

·
Registered
188 Posts
Re: (elpresspl)

OK, here are the pics + a little how-to.

Installation is pretty straight forward.

The main grey connector is what we're going to tap the tach module into.

Look for a green/white wire

Just to be extra sure, check for continuity between last coil and green/white wire.

Cut the green/white wire and tap the tach adapter into it. Solder wires for best conductivity, and shrink tube it.

Route the black and grey wires outside of the fusebox

Tap the black wire into a ground location

Unfortunately I don't have a pic of the other module but that grey wire has to be routed inside the foot compartment and connected to the other module. Then the module has to be grounded and 12V powered

and to that module You can connect your shift light and route the cable to your desired location.

That's a crappy how-to and crappy pics. If you guys want detailed pics I can snap some later on per request

Art

·
Registered
7,964 Posts
Hahahhaahh it was that easy.

LOL.

Sweet! When I get back from asia, I'll have a JDM shift light thing with 2084 leds.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Re: (chinaonnitrous1)

Quote, originally posted by chinaonnitrous1 »
Hahahhaahh it was that easy.

LOL.

Sweet! When I get back from asia, I'll have a JDM shift light thing with 2084 leds.

So did anyone else try this out? I lost ALL the email from Autometer so I am at a loss.

·
Registered
21 Posts
OK, here are the pics + a little how-to.

Installation is pretty straight forward.

The main grey connector is what we're going to tap the tach module into.

Look for a green/white wire

Just to be extra sure, check for continuity between last coil and green/white wire.

Cut the green/white wire and tap the tach adapter into it. Solder wires for best conductivity, and shrink tube it.

Route the black and grey wires outside of the fusebox

Tap the black wire into a ground location

Unfortunately I don't have a pic of the other module but that grey wire has to be routed inside the foot compartment and connected to the other module. Then the module has to be grounded and 12V powered

and to that module You can connect your shift light and route the cable to your desired location.

That's a crappy how-to and crappy pics. If you guys want detailed pics I can snap some later on per request

Art
Do you still have theses pictures?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.