SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had posted a question regarding this earlier. Basically on the auto tranny, the lights are burnt out indicating drive/reverse, etc, which is a big pain at night. <P>I got the manual and the replacement fuse. You basically have to take apart the center console. I have instructions for it - doesn't seem too big of a deal. My question is: Has anyone opened up the center console? Any nightmares I should be aware of? I will be doing it this weekend and can't afford to disable the wife's car if I screw up. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Adam<P>

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
The job is simple once you dig in. Where did you get directions from? There is a great procedure pointed out, with pictures and all, at <A HREF="http://www.volvospeed.com/bay13." TARGET=_blank>www.volvospeed.com/bay13.</A> Anyhow, I have my center console off on a weekly basis it seems. The job is simple with the right tools. All that you need is a 1/4" dirve ratchet, 1/4" socket, T-20 bit, T-25 bit, small (#1) flat head screw driver, lotts of light, and a magnetic pickup tool. Re-lamping is simple as the light just pulls right out. As far as the job itself, just be gentle when handling the wires. BTW, the 1/4" scocket and ratchet are used to hold the torx bits when removing the screws by the OBDII cover, cigar lighter screw, and the 2 under the pocket thingy. This makes the job painfully easy. I can pull the console out in under 15 min, easy. Just be sure to re-reoute the wires in the correct places as they will make a mess when screwing things back together. I would also reccomend re-lamping the switches and center console lamp while in there.<BR>Have fun.<BR>Prospero

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Prospero - thanks for the quick reply. I actually found the instructions in the standard repair manual at the auto supply stoor. The instructions aren't great, but I was able to get the gist of it. Looks like I have all the tools as well - should be a fun weekend project.<P>Thanks again<BR>-Adam<P>

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Weekend project?! You can do this in the time it takes to watch an episode of Battle bots or Jerry Springer! Seriously, you should check out the link to volvospeed.com and see what all is there. Anyhow, good luck and take care.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts