SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for an aftermarket shift knob for my M66 R. The factory knob/pin on mine are worn out and the knob wobbles all over the place. Is there a company that makes a NICE looking leather knob with the correct shift pattern? Possibly weighted? I've been on the internet for a few hours looking now and can't seem to find anything. And I'm not a fan of the solid billet crap everyone seems to love either. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
you don't like the solid stuff which is cool, but you can make just about any shift knob work because you'll probably have to thread the shaft once you pull the oem knob off. i like the heavy m1 abrams in satin but thats just my taste.

M8x1.25 was what i threaded for use with mine, so find what you want and run with it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you don't like the solid stuff which is cool, but you can make just about any shift knob work because you'll probably have to thread the shaft once you pull the oem knob off. i like the heavy m1 abrams in satin but thats just my taste.

M8x1.25 was what i threaded for use with mine, so find what you want and run with it.
The problem I've been having is finding one that looks decent with either no pattern stamped in it or the correct pattern. Most cars are right and up for reverse. Not rght and back like our caR's.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Someone on here has a Momo with a leather boot too...no spaceballs....looks killer

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Someone on here has a Momo with a leather boot too...no spaceballs....looks killer
i forget who it is too, but is a leather shift boot that was available on some of the t5's iirc

·
Registered
876 Posts
TWM M1 Abrams

·
Registered
876 Posts
Interior color is awesome. Shift knob not so much.
It was installed to high in this picture. I lowered it, and it looks much better now. And the feel of this weighted shift knob is amazing.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
It was installed to high in this picture. I lowered it, and it looks much better now. And the feel of this weighted shift knob is amazing.
i was going to chime in and say it was too high, glad i didn't earlier since you did lower it. exact combo I have, nice!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm not sure why all the confusion...OP clearly isn't down with the m1 Abrams. I am totally with him, it's not a cool knob. I prefer a leather or dark textured knob as well. If you find something let me know.

Sent from my iPhone
At least someone read the post haha. I've done some scouring and found two decent candidates. One would be the 2000-2003 Nissan maxima 6spd knob. It is leather with a touch of brushed aluminum and has the correct shift pattern stamped into the aluminum. The other is an all leather C4 corvette knob that has an inlay with the shift pattern on it. I'm not sure yet how either of them affix to the shift handle though so I'm going to do some more research.

·
6,436 Posts
For those interested in the regular s60 leather boot and plate, they are available for 2005+ models. Many euroms60s from that year came with manual trannies

Btw Darek's weighted knob feels fantastic...really smooth shifts
But I love the OEM look of my boot

1 - 20 of 28 Posts