SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone on here that works at a dealer give me a ballpark for replacing the Shift Knob with another OEM one? I hear its easy to remove yet cant really find anything on how to remove it.

Mines so scratched.. its embarrassing.. I know Heico has a replacement, but the sucker is like $300 bucks.. :p

·
Registered
386 Posts
Replace shift knob

Can anyone on here that works at a dealer give me a ballpark for replacing the Shift Knob with another OEM one? I hear its easy to remove yet cant really find anything on how to remove it.

Mines so scratched.. its embarrassing.. I know Heico has a replacement, but the sucker is like $300 bucks.. :p
It is a very simple process but hard to do. I have swapped out several over the years, in that I have put a wooden knob on my Volvo that had the black leather knob. You need to jerk straight up (not pull up). I have a used wooden one for sale that will fit 2001-2007 V70 and XC90 through 2015. Will sell for 45.00 shipped Also you can look on eBay for them. There are always a lot of them for sale.

·
Registered
87 Posts

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Kinda.. The pics are semi confusing... Is it as simple as turn, pop and pull???
You have a 2015. Your shifter is clear plastic with LED indicator, correct? It's a completely different shifter from pre 2013's. Very doubtful it comes off the same way.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
You have a 2015. Your shifter is clear plastic with LED indicator, correct? It's a completely different shifter from pre 2013's. Very doubtful it comes off the same way.
That's what I think too. I only commented on mine because that's what the instructions depict.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
165 Posts
Removal of the newer shift knob involves breaking the plastic clip that holds it into place, that means it cannot be re-used after removal (which is fine if you want a new one anyway)
If you're installing the same model, it should be that easy.
If you want to put in a different one (Polestar...), there is also an elctronic part that need to be replaced underneath the center console that cost about the same as the shifter... (different connection)

Marco.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts