SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5000 miles ago my 04 R went in for the shift flare from 2nd -3rd. It would take a second for the car to engage 2nd to 3rd. At that time they did a <U>full adaptation</U> process for the transmission ( I have a GT) I guess they reset the tranny software and "trained" the tranny to help with the shift flair. It worked great. Recently I noticed it is getting worse in those same gears again. My question to you guys is this...I have the IPD stage 2 software in my ecu and I am worried that if they do the <U>adaptaion process</U> again that it will wipe my ecu back to stock. Is this the case??? Shipping my ecu costed almost 100.00 bucks each way (UPS next day air) So I would like to avoid that cost if I can. All help is much appreciated in advance, Rick

·
Registered
958 Posts
Re: Shift flare from 2-3rd is back after 5000 miles on mt GT questions on the adaptation ...

I am positive the TCM transmission control module has nothing in common with the ECU. Easy enough to ask your dealer, if everyone is on holiday and other responses aren't quickly received. Just tell the dealer there is to be no rewriting of your ECU program. Also, be sure you have had this done:<br>Part #: 30677036-3 Description: TCM Upgrade<br>That corrected the flair problem in my previous 04.<br>Good luck,<br>Jim

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Shift flare from 2-3rd is back after 5000 miles on mt GT questions on th ... (surfsd)

What exactly does that part # do? Could you send me a link to the description of what is done to eliminate my flair? Thanks in advance, Rick

·
Registered
958 Posts
Re: Shift flare from 2-3rd is back after 5000 miles on mt GT questions on th ... (Mash)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Mash</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What exactly does that part # do? Could you send me a link to the description of what is done to eliminate my flair? Thanks in advance, Rick</TD></TR></TABLE><p>The part# was on the invoice for the TCM software update. Just be sure you have had that update, as I had to bitch at my dealer repeatedly about the 2nd to 3rd flair issue I had until that update was done.<br>Hope this helps and have a happy July 4th weekend.<br>Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts