SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I FINALLY found (at a Walmart about 15 miles from my home) a plce where they sell Shell's full synthetic motor oil, ROTELLA T and at the weight I was looking for, 5W-40. But, boy, prices of synthetic oil have really increased. Even at Walmart! Mobil 1 was about $4.50/qt., Castrol Syntec was about the same price, Valvoline Synthetic was $4.60/qt. and Shell's Rotella T was...$4.97/qt!!! Amazing...approachin AMSOIL's price.

Does anyone know anything about Rotella? I have heard that it is a pretty good oil. I will be sarching and if it is a good oil I may stick with that. In the meantime, I am looking to see if I can find any lubricants from ELF...If I do, I will be very happy as they produce tremendous quality lubricants but I am not sure they can be found in the US.

Yannis

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I've heard numerous times that the Shell Rotella petroleum oil is among the best, but I don't hear much about their synthetics.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Guess what? I found out that Rotella T is not a fully synthetic oil as their base stock comes from petroleum products. Oh well...so much for that!
I guess it will be AMSOIL for now on.

Yannis

1 - 3 of 3 Posts