SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently replaced my motor mounts which is how I came across this site and the DIY section. Thank you all for that.

This is my 2009 S40 with 145k miles.

On the left mount I managed to shear one of the mounting bolts. Anyone have pointers how to remove this thing? I have no clue what that bolt head is or whether it even is one. Sorry for the poor image quality on the underside pic. Is the bolt just a SEM screw? But then why the weird head?

Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
That looks nothing like the one in my 2005 so I can't tell you what it should look like. But, you can buy those brackets from Volvo, or find them at a pick-n-pull. I'd suggest going that route.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
I assume that bolt is in the frame of the car. It looks like you could knock it out from the top and replace it. The problem is I can't find a part number for that bolt in VADIS. Maybe it is there somewhere. You could go to a junk yard and grab one there. If all else fails, you could get a generic nut and bolt and stick it through.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Looks like a press-fit to me. I would drill through it and just use a standard nut-bolt through the hole. If you had access to a welder, you could stick a bolt up from the bottom and tack weld the head to the bottom side of that bracket.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts