SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone done it before? it makes it look so much nicer and cleaner. and makes it much easier to work in. i just had one of my friends do it to his civic and it gave me the idea haha

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I had to google what the hell shaving was

took the guy 3 years....

no frikken way I'll do this!

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Most Likely it was a Rebuild anyhow , so it was in the Body Shop , an Extra long time .

We could hide Our Vac Pump , ABS Block , Brake Reservoir , Battery Box , etc. : If We just had the second Firewall like the Euro Merc's .

Call It works in the Draw . LOL

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Most stuff is really clean anyways, both clutch and brake master cylinders are hidden. And IMO that looks much harder to work on when everything is compacted in.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It looks so good though hahaha

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
personally only do this with engine swapping. wonder what we could fit longitudinally in our bonnets?
hmmmmmmmm.......

·
Registered
320 Posts
Looks great, but a sh*t ton of work. Functionality goes down the drain typically too. Typically you have to delete your coolant reservoir, resulting in overheating issues.

·
Registered
9,124 Posts
Lot of work and honestly the way the fenders covers most of the shock towers and firewall is pretty well hidden I would say its not worth the effort.

It does look good when its done right, but I don't see the reward for the amount of time it would take. Volvo harnesses and what not arent as simple as a Honda. Relocating the battery alone in this car is a pain in the ass lol.

·
Super Moderator
15,191 Posts
I'm going to bump this thread back up.

In no way am I considering shaving my engine bay. But I'm strongly considering removing things that are unnecessary to clean it up a bit and try to get a little more air in there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts