SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
I saw them when I first got my car and was doing research as to what I can do to my car. Their tune looks like basically the same as a the polestar tune, output wise. Haven't seen a dyno of it yet so there may be slightly different. I don't know whether or not to be slightly sad or impressed with our car's tuning abilities. These tunes, while they do add power, they don't add THAT much. ~25 hp and ~40 lb/ft. Everyone else's tunes tend to be significant amounts more... maybe it's because we have smaller turbos? maybe?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^Hey... where did you get your Kpax exhaust and who installed it for you?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So Shark is very quick to reply to emails.. Unfortunately, they can't remote tune P3's due to a PIN in the ECU. They're based in MN so I guess I'm out of luck.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I got it from rich from momentum volvo, based on a recommendation here. I think like 80% of the people on this forum got it from him haha. Tell him swedespeed sent you and he'll give you pretty pricing. Got it installed at Euro-Tec Motors in East Hanover

·
Registered
102 Posts
So Shark is very quick to reply to emails.. Unfortunately, they can't remote tune P3's due to a PIN in the ECU. They're based in MN so I guess I'm out of luck.
Why not just get the polestar tune?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Shark has a very good reputation in the C30 world. Great tunes, great service, great reputation. I didn't know they did a T6 tune, but I'd imagine it's high quality.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why not just get the polestar tune?
$899 vs. $1500

Shark emailed me again and said that I can ask Volvo for the ECU PIN, but they haven't heard of anyone succeeding. I suppose I could give it a try, but thinking of a different reason other than saying I want to tune the car.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got it from rich from momentum volvo, based on a recommendation here. I think like 80% of the people on this forum got it from him haha. Tell him swedespeed sent you and he'll give you pretty pricing. Got it installed at Euro-Tec Motors in East Hanover
Is this their address? 18 Okner Pkwy, Livingston, NJ 07039

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Volvo was running that Polestar AWD Sale at the end of last year which brought the price down a decent amount. Maybe try and see what the dealer (or call a few dealers) could do in terms of pricing. Worth a shot, especially since you know it will be back by Volvo.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Is this their address? 18 Okner Pkwy, Livingston, NJ 07039
That's the one. They specialize in Alfas, but do do work with other cars. They surprisingly don't have a website in this day and age, but do have a facebook page. They also do a lot of restorations and what not.

And yea.. it is a good bit of money more. Ask the folks over at prestige maybe as /u/PureDrive07 suggested. I think you got your car there as well right

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
$899 vs. $1500

Shark emailed me again and said that I can ask Volvo for the ECU PIN, but they haven't heard of anyone succeeding. I suppose I could give it a try, but thinking of a different reason other than saying I want to tune the car.
That's not going to happen...

Work with your Volvo service people and ask them if they can give you a discount. The peace of mind you will get with Polestar, and covered by the factory warranty, is worth every penny.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Volvo was running that Polestar AWD Sale at the end of last year which brought the price down a decent amount. Maybe try and see what the dealer (or call a few dealers) could do in terms of pricing. Worth a shot, especially since you know it will be back by Volvo.
I didn't see any ads or email blasts about a Polestar discount. Grrrr....

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
That's not going to happen...

Work with your Volvo service people and ask them if they can give you a discount. The peace of mind you will get with Polestar, and covered by the factory warranty, is worth every penny.
My father got a $200 discount by contacting Volvo. Then the dealer gave him 10% off on top of that

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I didn't see any ads or email blasts about a Polestar discount. Grrrr....
You could try Volvo customer support. Sometimes they offer a rebate which can be used independent
of the dealer price. http://www.volvocars.com/us/footer/contact-us

I asked the dealer for 10% off and they did that. It took them a few minutes conferring
behind the counter to agree to it. (Actually, the Service Writer was 'up-selling' me in my
case as he offered it during a service visit -- I countered asking 10% off and they accepted
it.)

·
Registered
613 Posts
Guys on C30crew use them a lot. From what I understand they are reliable and reputable.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts