SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All suddenly my left side mirror has been starting to shake a bit. What can cause this and how to solve?

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Remove it ASAP or it will fly off and you'll be out $80 for a new mirror. The adhesive on these mirrors is super weak and the mirrors end up falling off. I just used alot of superglue to hold mine on. It's been good for 5 months now.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Remove it ASAP or it will fly off and you'll be out $80 for a new mirror. The adhesive on these mirrors is super weak and the mirrors end up falling off. I just used alot of superglue to hold mine on. It's been good for 5 months now.
How do I get behind it to add some glue?

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
How do I get behind it to add some glue?
Use a thin piece of plastic. But you'll find that as soon as you pull on the mirror, it will just fall off in your hand so be ready for that. Then just apply some glue to the back of the mirror and press it on.

·
Registered
8,739 Posts
yep its time to remove that and re-adhere

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
You have to carefully pull it off and re-glue it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How is it attached? Some clip or just glued?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Aint no cables connected to it?

How much force? No risk of destroy the mirror engine?

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Aint no cables connected to it?

How much force? No risk of destroy the mirror engine?
The cables for the heater element have lots of slack.
Just pull on the outer edge (including the black piece) until the whole thing releases. The mirror engine won't get destroyed, it's gears are designed to skip if the mirror is frozen, so they are pretty fool proof

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Recorded with a Samsung S3...

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
I used a 1 minute epoxy, 3 years ago, no issues yet.

Don't be afraid, just pull the glass part, not the black backing (that'll remain in place). Clean the back of the glass and black surface area, reapply quick set epoxy, set and hold for a bit. I did it in the Home Depot parking lot haha.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts

Don't be afraid, just pull the glass part, not the black backing (that'll remain in place). Clean the back of the glass and black surface area, reapply quick set epoxy, set and hold for a bit. I did it in the Home Depot parking lot haha.
Just make sure not to get any on the paint :)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Thanks for all advice. Did this many months ago but forgot to get back with the result. A generous amount of 5 min epoxy did the thing and has hold up very well :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts