SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I decided to opt for the standard sound system instead of the B&W. I wanted it, but then decided not to splurge because I did find the standard to sound better than the Bose in my Infiniti FX and I could add the 2500 bucks more to my down payment. I am using the equalizer and wanted to know what the best settings are and wanted get your thoughts. I am definitely not an audiophile, but for some reason, my ears pick up the lightest sounds. I will tell the dealership I hear something and they will come back, sorry we can't hear it. I will sit with the and say... listen do you hear that and they would say no. I am away from my car at the moment, but will post what settings I have. But I would love to see what yours are.

thanks!

·
Registered
372 Posts
I'm not an audiophile either and I haven't even messed with the settings. The standard sound systems sounds really good to me as is but maybe they had already calibrated it at the dealer when they set up the car???. I wasn't sure if it would but I like it. Like you, the price of the B&W system was just too much from a practical standpoint. I don't live in my car, so I don't need that kind of system. I have something better in my home theater room that suits me fine. Besides I used the extra money for other more practical package options.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Sound is a very individual thing

I cant imagine there is an optimum setting for all types of music.

Much as the BW sound system is simply amazing,I could not justify that amount of money considering how good the standard system sounded.

In the eternal battle of one's needs and one's wants, the wants have to play second fiddle sometimes.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Sound is a very individual thing

I cant imagine there is an optimum setting for all types of music.

Much as the BW sound system is simply amazing,I could not justify that amount of money considering how good the standard system sounded.

In the eternal battle of one's needs and one's wants, the wants have to play second fiddle sometimes.
+1 on the standard sound system being great...

Sat in cars with both the B&W and the HK, but couldn't (personally) perceive enough of a difference at my normal volume levels to justify it either, which made getting Air an easier pill to swallow for me too.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I also agree about going with air suspension vs. sound upgrade! Just doesn't add as much value to me, I much rather have the air suspension :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts