SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I crossed 6700 miles last night and got the "schedule service soon" reminder. Since the first service is 7500 miles, should I really be getting the reminder over250 miles before?

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Yes because Volvo will do the 7500 mile service anywheres from +/- 1500miles of the 7500mile mark.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information. When I called the dealer I was told +/- 500.

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Thanks for the information. When I called the dealer I was told +/- 500.
I guess it depends on how nice your dealer is lol!

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

·
Registered
338 Posts
The manuals say +/- 1500 mark for the Safe and Secure program. But my dealer told me they were getting pressure from VCNA to get them in +/- 500 miles. Guess lots of people are putting it off too long. I've stayed within +200 miles for each service call so far. . .

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
+/-200 might be difficult for me but I'd rather be -500/+0.

·
Registered
123 Posts
That is interesting though that VCNA is pushing for 500. Sounds more like cost/effecintly thing, getting pushing a bit more life outta the replaceables. Ill have to chat up my dealer, i prefer to get it done as early as possible though I have switched over to the synthetic oil.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
That is interesting though that VCNA is pushing for 500. Sounds more like cost/effecintly thing, getting pushing a bit more life outta the replaceables. Ill have to chat up my dealer, i prefer to get it done as early as possible though I have switched over to the synthetic oil.
Any retailer personnel can claim whatever. The official policy is +/- 1,500 miles from the recommended interval.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Any retailer personnel can claim whatever. The official policy is +/- 1,500 miles from the recommended interval.
Was told by service rep that they were getting pressure to get them in as close to the marks as possible. I called for my 15,000 service when I was at 15,175 and the service rep was all like: "how soon can you get in here?!?"

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Was told by service rep that they were getting pressure to get them in as close to the marks as possible. I called for my 15,000 service when I was at 15,175 and the service rep was all like: "how soon can you get in here?!?"
That could just be one of those "Key Performance Indicators" MBAs like to implement.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts