SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To reset the service reminder, do the following:<p>1. Push the key fob all the way into the dash slot (until it clicks)<p>2. With your foot off of the brake, tap the engine start button - this should light up a portion of the gauges.<p>3. Push down the trip mileage counter reset button (a nub to the right of the RPM gauge)<p>4. Still holding down the trip mileage counter reset button, and with your foot off of the brake, push the engine start button for about 2 seconds until all of the informational lights (i.e. check engine, etc) light up. Once they light up, you can stop pushing the engine start button (but continue to hold down the trip mileage counter reset button).<p>5. After a couple more seconds of holding down the trip mileage counter reset button, you will note that the "i" (the alert that there is a vehicle message) will begin to blink. This is your cue to release the trip mileage counter reset button. You must do this before the "i" stops blinking, or it will not reset.<p>6. Restart the car to confirm that you have successfully reset the "book time for maintenance" message.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Re: Service Reminder Reset *Sticky* (vivek9856)

Thanks Vivek. I had to print out your write-up and take it out to my S80 to clear the annoying maintenance reminder light on my dash. It was my 12-month oil change due warning. Anyway, I was trying to clear the reminder light by doing the sequence off the top of my head, and it wasn't working. Then I followed what you wrote, and it cleared. Yeah! Turns out that I wasn't releasing the trip reset button while the light was blinking.<p>You and everybody have a great Thanksgiving Holiday.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Went to reset the service reminder on my 2008 S80 T6 AWD as described saw a code 012 then next screen was 163. Before I reset what do these codes mean?<p>Thanks<p>

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Is it possible to reset your service light for a 12 month interval before it comes on?

I am assuming my light will come on at 52,500 miles (which is soon) but if it doesn't (because I bought car used) and I want a fresh start, it would be cool if I could reset it on my own before it comes on.

·
Registered
563 Posts
So... is this the preferred procedure for all 2007-current S80 models? If not, can someone post which models this works on and which it doesn't?

I'm starting to shop for an s80 (hopefully a purchase will be made ~a year from now)... and would appreciate the info. While not a complete 'show stopper'... having to reset this reminder at a dealer is annoying, so I'd like to know which models it applies to ahead of time.

Thanks!

Sully

·
Registered
462 Posts
This worked for me and my 2007 S80. The message I got was "Book time for Maintenance" which seems just a bit vague. Thanks again to the OP.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
This worked for me and my 2007 S80. The message I got was "Book time for Maintenance" which seems just a bit vague. Thanks again to the OP.
The messages go in steps

Book time for maintenance

Time for maintenance,

And past due or something to this effect..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I have a quick question pertaining the procedure you just described.

My 2007 S80 V8 with 170k miles has been troubled with a few oil leaks lately and Ive gotten them all fixed. However my engine idle is still rough and I'm afraid the engine has some more underlying issues.

When I reset the maintenance light I noticed something that greatly worried me. It seemed that as I was resetting the light the check engine light and red oil lantern light were on, even after all the other lights had gone off.These lights however are not normally on. I would like too ask you, when you reset the maintenance light do you see a check engine light and a red oil light. Because if you don't I suspect that my cars engine is in need of further repairs.Open to advice on what to do here. Thank you.

Franz.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hi, I have a quick question pertaining the procedure you just described.

My 2007 S80 V8 with 170k miles has been troubled with a few oil leaks lately and Ive gotten them all fixed. However my engine idle is still rough and I'm afraid the engine has some more underlying issues.

When I reset the maintenance light I noticed something that greatly worried me. It seemed that as I was resetting the light the check engine light and red oil lantern light were on, even after all the other lights had gone off.These lights however are not normally on. I would like too ask you, when you reset the maintenance light do you see a check engine light and a red oil light. Because if you don't I suspect that my cars engine is in need of further repairs.Open to advice on what to do here. Thank you.

Franz.
A check engine light will NOT reset when you reset your maintenance reminder. You need to go to the dealer or indy and have those codes read and that will give you a better idea as to what is going on with your engine. The red oil light means its low.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Took me 3 tries... but it worked! This is sweet, thanks for sharing! :thumbup:

Glad to know I didn't need to fire up VIDA to do it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts