SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm in the process of conducting my 2010 T6 60k service. My family and I just returned from a 2000 mile trip, during which the "Book Time for Maintenance" Advisory began appearing in the information display when the car was started, indicating service is needed. I've already changed the oil and filter, along with cabin air filter. I MAY replace the engine air filter, even though it technically isn't due until 75k, but I have the filter now, so I might as well...

I've had the car on a lift and have visually and physically checked most components of the suspension and several other checks indicated on the 60k service, as well as checked all fluid levels (I need to order some Volvo coolant...), so I think, aside from the spark plugs, which I'll do as soon as I get the correct gap measurements, this service is good to go. Only question is, how do I reset the SRI? Is a special tool required, as was often the case on BMWs I owned, or is there a combination of inputs that can be made to vehicle controls to reset the SRI?

WAS

·
Registered
256 Posts
To reset the service reminder, do the following:
1. Push the key fob all the way into the dash slot (until it clicks)
2. With your foot off of the brake, tap the engine start button - this should light up a portion of the gauges.
3. Push down the trip mileage counter reset button (a nub to the right of the RPM gauge)
4. Still holding down the trip mileage counter reset button, and with your foot off of the brake, push the engine start button for about 2 seconds until all of the informational lights (i.e. check engine, etc) light up. Once they light up, you can stop pushing the engine start button (but continue to hold down the trip mileage counter reset button).
5. After a couple more seconds of holding down the trip mileage counter reset button, you will note that the "i" (the alert that there is a vehicle message) will begin to blink. This is your cue to release the trip mileage counter reset button. You must do this before the "i" stops blinking, or it will not reset.
6. Restart the car to confirm that you have successfully reset the "book time for maintenance" message.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts