SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
quick question. I’m going on a trip and have only 7k miles since my last service visit but I am at 1 year. If I have it serviced as soon as I get back, it will be 12 months and 1 week. Does anyone know if that will void the warranty or is there an allowance? Thanks!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yeah, no one would ever expect you come in on the exact day. I think my dealer said a +/-1 month or +/-1k service interval is typical.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Absolutely, in addition to the warranty, your car will start shedding parts and leaking liquids as it's becoming dissatisfied of you as an neglectful owner.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Yeah, no one would ever expect you come in on the exact day. I think my dealer said a +/-1 month or +/-1k service interval is typical.
+1

·
Registered
277 Posts
It's fine, it won't even tell you you're overdue until maybe 1 month past. I forget how long it took but for my first service, I was only at 8k miles but at time based on dealer setting car up months before I bought it. I was busy so kept driving and I think it was around a month or so after the date that I got the "service overdue" message. Then I took it in - dealer didn't care as they shouldn't.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts