SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any reason why my 30k service indicator light did not come on? The car now has 31k. By the way, is Volvo not obligated to honor the warranty if the owner does not bring car in with 1500 miles of the scheduled maintenance?

·
Premium Member
3,121 Posts
Re: SERVICE LIGHT? (kipp)

Depends on when your service light was last reset. If it was reset at 23.5K miles (instead of at 22.5K like it should have been) then the light won't come on until ~31K miles. Regardless, have the service performed when it is supposed to be performed -- don't rely on the light.<p>There is a 1500 mile window (up or down) in which you can receive the service for free. Outside of those parameters, Volvo will not cover the service.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, R Salesman....will Volvo take care of any alingment issues? My steering wheel is off center...many thanks for your reply

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Re: (kipp)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>kipp</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey, R Salesman....will Volvo take care of any alingment issues? My steering wheel is off center...many thanks for your reply</TD></TR></TABLE><p>kipp, in my experience it's not likely. The steering wheel on my T5 was off when I drive it off the lot, I figured I'd get them to fix it next time I was in (4 months later). They said sorry, they would not pay for it. Said they can't since alignments get thrown out easily when a customer hits a curb or something like that. I didn't push but instead I eventually paid for my own alignment a year later when I needed it.<p>Good luck.<p>LTA<p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts