SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my S 40 serviced at a Jiffy lube. Apparently, you need the car serviced at volvo dealer because they need to reset the service light. Well, mine is on, telling me to get the oil changed-- does anyone know how I can deactivate the light?<P>Thanks a ton!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Press and hold the trip odometer button and turn the car on. After a couple seconds the light will blink and shut off.<P>We saved my fiancee $80 by changing the oil ourselves.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi-Thank you!<P>I tried what you said, the light blinked, but remained on. IS there something that I am doing wrong? If you or anyone else has any further suggestions, I would appreciate it!<P>Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got this out of an IPD newsletter. I've tried it, and it does work.<P>1-Turn ignition key to position 1 (off.)<BR>2-Press and hold the trip mileage button.<BR>3-Turn ignition key to position 2.<BR>4-Continue holding trip mileage button for about 10 seconds.<BR>5-On the second flash of the service engine light release the button.<P>I had to do it twice before worked for me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ooops, I may not have been descriptive enough. I guess I never did turn the car on. <P>I hope VOTS sets you straight!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all! The trick was to release the odometer button WHILE it was flashing! IT is a relief to not have that thing on anymore!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts