SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the way home to Texas from our "vacation road trip to Colorado" (lots of great driving!) the "service" light came on after a fuel stop.<P>The car went through the 50k service at the dealer before I bought it (less than 3k miles ago) so I was not expecting this annoyance. <P>Is there any way for me to turn off this light? It eventually goes out, but stays on for about a minute after each startup. <P>

·
Registered
217 Posts
Chris, you need a service reset tool, your year does not have a manual reset. It only takes a second to plug into your OBDII socket and reset.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies! I was afraid I'd have to use a "widget", or take it to the dealer. I guess since the reset tool is almost $200, I'll probably take it to the dealer. :-( I realize it doesn't indicate a problem, but it's damned annoying.<P>

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yea, mine just started turning on when I hit 50k miles. I glad that it turns off after awhile, though. Would be totally annoying if it stayed on all the time. <P>Does anyone "rent" one of these reset tools for a small fee? I'd gladly pay $25 or so to reset the light. If you rent it out for eight times, you already made your money back.<P>What was checked at the 50k service interval? I thought the big one was the 60k sevice. I think I can wait another 10k miles unless something comes up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine does that a lot too; my father who is my mechanic got the tool, and can reset the light, but apparently it is temperamental and sometimes doesn't 'feel like' staying out, or going out at all. Only solution is to go back to the person with the tool and have 'em do it... again... and again....

·
Registered
217 Posts
If your car is a 93 you do not need a tool you can reset the light from the diag box under the hood and if done properly you will not have a problem unless the service programed in your inst cluster is wrong. The settings can be changed,milage,time or running hours. You will need the Volvo tool to get in to these settings to check them as well as alot of other cool stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts