SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

After finally getting setup with VIDA and a working dice unit I was poking around the system.

I'm curious if we can somehow change the interval in how often the service message for oil changes comes on. Instead of 7500k It says in VIDA that you can do it and it tells you preset intervals. But when I go into the DIM, the 'advanced' tab is grey and not available for selecting. Do you have to reprogram the DIM?

I swore I saw a thread about doing it that way, cant remember 100%. Running 2014A by the way.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Here's what can be done.

http://www.volvoxc.com/0/resources/how-to/pdf/programmable_customer_parameters.pdf

Under DIAGNOSTICS/VEHICLE COMMUNICATION I can remember which module DIM or CEM in the ADVANCED tab there should be an option for PROGRAMMABLE PARAMETERS.

You need to read off if the programmable parameters are "User Defined - OK", if not it's a trip to the dealer for the software that will enable you to edit some of those settings including the service interval, most of those listed should be able to be edited without the software. I know i need "User Defined - OK" to change the display from mi -> km, *F -> *C, 12h ->24h, MPG -> L/100km, and gal -> L.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Yes, I did this 2 days ago when I changed the engine oil and scanned for codes.

It's in the DIM model, and then the advanced tab.
Once you get to the page, you need to click on the VCT symbol.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ugh. It seems I'll probably need the programing to activate being able to change it then?

Becuase the advanced tab in DIM was not selectable. I'll try again when I get a chance.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
363 Posts
Sorry for digging this one out of the grave but I'm curious if anyone has seen the service reminder pop up after only about 2500 miles? It has been a while (almost 1 year), but I'm surprised it popped up again yesterday. I'm guessing I exceeded the time limit between services (2nd bullet below).

* Distance, indicates the mileage between service intervals
* Time, indicates the number of months between service interval
* Engine time, indicates the number of engine hours between service intervals.

Ya I don't drive the car a lot...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts