SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any recommendations for a good service department in the Houston area. I can only think of three (Momentum, deMontrond, and Clear Lake). No problems with my R yet, just want to be prepared.

·
Registered
2005 V70R, Midnight Blue, M66
2,124 Posts
Re: Service in Houston (RnTX)

My only experience is with deMontrond. My 2005 V70R left me stranded by the side of the road in 112 degree heat, and they turned out to be the closet dealer it was towed to. It was a failed fuel pump for the second time and they did fix it. <p>Their attitude however was that I should be grateful for them fixing it, they were busy telling me what they were not going to do since it occured on a Saturday afternoon and all wanted to go home etc. I must admit I was not the most cordial customer after being in the heat waiting on a tow truck, with a second failure of the same component.<p>The car was fixed but they had a real attitude, almost implying that I had caused the fuel pump failure.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Re: Service in Houston (RnTX)

I have been using Momentum Volvo on Hwy 59. Don't want to mention service advisors by name. They all seem very attentive to personal schedules and have found they are particular with R owners. For example, Friday, 7/7, I took my R in due to a check engine light the night before. It had reset so probably was a transient condition. The service advisor got it in immediately while I waited. It took about an hour with a verdict of updating the ECU software to the latest version. It was fuel related, so they uploaded the latest version. The tech brought it around and talked about 15 minutes, a real Volvo fan. That is the fourth visit to Momentum and all have been worthy of excellent. The only negatives to them are: they use a scheduling desk, and it is hard to talk to a service advisor without leaving voicemail and waiting for them to call back. They use a car rental agency on-site for loaners. They are at no cost but still have to fill out paper work, etc.<p>Let me know if you try them. <p>Linc

·
Registered
4 Posts
Re: Service in Houston (rogersampson)

Have you heard of anyone else having problem with a failed fuel pump? My R car had to have the fuel pump replaced two weeks ago. Its back at the dealer now because its been leaking fuel since the replaced the fuel pump.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: Service in Houston (francisvega)

You should ask this in its own topic, start one, you will get plenty of answers

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I currently use DeMontrond for my XC90 and my R. They don't seem to have their stuff together and this was confirmed by talking to the regional service rep at the GTG in Austin a couple of weeks ago. He told me he was well aware of every issue that I brought up to him and all about the "family" issues they were having. They have treated me fair but only after insisting and their prices are criminal in my opinion. The service advisors are clueless about Volvo's in general and the R, well they barely know what one is. They have been great about Volvo loaners though so that's a plus. The regional rep recommended Volvo of Houston as being the best in this area but sounds like Momentum is pretty good as the rep also stated.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks!

Great, thanks for all the input everyone. I may try Momentum or Volvo of Houston in the future. My only experience with Momentum is that their parts department were overcharging for oil filters ($22). Clear Lake charged me $9.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts