SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I have a question about the V8 serpentine belt. I recently tried to change the belt that came with the truck when I bought it with 59,000 miles.

I ordered the Belt from Volvo and it was 1inch short maybe closer to 1.5inches.

I took the used belt and I sized it up and actually the Ford 4.6 or 3.8 Belts fit perfectly!!

Any idea why this is the case??

I also installed and did a 100,000 service which included:

New Bilstein Struts on all 4 Corners - ride is incredible!!
2 New Front Upper Strut Mounts
Stoptec Slotted Drilled Rotors (4 Corners)
EBC Yellow Pads (4 Corners)
Fuel Filter
8 Spark Plugs
Serpentine Belt
Pulley Tensioner
Water Pump
Inner Tie Rod both sides
Cabin Filter

·
Registered
696 Posts
I had a similar problem. Ordered a Goodyear belt and it was about 1 in too short. I fought that thing for an hour or more and there was no way it was going on. Good to know that the Ford 4.6 belt is the correct length.

Which Bilsteins did you use?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
New belts are always more difficult to get on than used belts. I once had a customer who supplied a Goodyear "Gatorback" serpentine belt for me to install during his balance shaft job. I remember getting that belt on was a HUGE hassle!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a similar problem. Ordered a Goodyear belt and it was about 1 in too short. I fought that thing for an hour or more and there was no way it was going on. Good to know that the Ford 4.6 belt is the correct length.

Which Bilsteins did you use?
Sorry for the delayed response, the XC isnt my toy getting all the love right now, so I do not frequent the forum that often. The Shocks I went with

Front: Bilstein B6 Sports Shock
Rear: Bilstein 4600 Series

1 - 4 of 4 Posts