Type 2

Hope this helps

Sent from my Nokia 3310
The latter. Serp tensioner may/should be torx drive instead of 14mm

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Type two is the way I was following, so that's good, but now I got it kind of stuck behind one of the puleys... I changed out my alternator and in the mist of it all, trying to get the belt back on I lost how it went back on. Is it supposed to be very hard to slip on? Even my mechanic last year had a very hard time and cracked a puppy, he finally got it on with my help.. Did he get the wrong belt maybe?
Tensioner loose as possible and still really hard to get on

Thanks guys

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,305 Posts
Yes T60, I work in an automotive school with snapon galore.. Yet sockets stop at t55 lol had to go buy one

There's a slick Volvo tool you can get that has that size torx on it and a massive lever arm, makes changing serp belts a breeze.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There's a slick Volvo tool you can get that has that size torx on it and a massive lever arm, makes changing serp belts a breeze.
I'm using a serpentine belt tool. Is it thinner perhaps? I'm going to grind the lever arm down to get more release... F this I was stuck on it so long. Break time. The alternator was easier than this **** lol

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I loosen all the way, touching the core support and the damn belt can go on the last pulley. Hands are beat

·
Registered
144 Posts
If you dont have the belt aligned on all the pulleys the belt wont go on easily. Its usually the ac compressor it gets stuck on. If all the ribs on the belt line up the just slips on. I've done thousands of these over the years at volvo

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts