SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Remember this thread I sent a week or two ago?

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?t=238430

The car is now in the dealer for repairing again for the same airbag fault issue.

I think it qualifies a lemon, contacting with Volvo and my lawyer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In your case, does it have other alert and features disabled simultaneously? Besides this alert, I have city safety alert, all camera off, Lane Keeping Aid, Distance Alert, Road Sign disabled.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In your case, does it have other alert and features disabled simultaneously? Besides this alert, I have city safety alert, all camera off, Lane Keeping Aid, Distance Alert, Road Sign disabled.
Same, they light like Christmas tree lights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Dang, that sucks.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just got the car back from dealer, what they performed are:
1. disconnect/reconnect battery
2. update VCM software?

anyone knows what VCM software is?
Vehicle Connectivity Module?

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I googled it as I wondered and yes, seems it is the Vehicle Connectivity Module: (page 2) http://www.software-center.se/digit...w-center---software---need-for-speed.v001.pdf
yea, I got the name from the same googled doc.

to be honest, I still love this XC90, but the problem is it created me too many problems, I hope Volvo can totally figure out this issue, find the root cause, give me a reasonable answer and a promise , otherwise, the choice left to me is limited.

·
Banned
763 Posts
1. This sucks. You deserve better from your XC90, from your dealer, and from Volvo as a company, especially after spending more than $50,000 on a new vehicle.

2. No matter how often folks here say Volvo is as reliable as a Japanese automaker, a quick skim of this subforum shows that to be patently untrue.

3. If these kinds of issues keep popping up at <5k miles, does anyone here honestly believe they're going to own these vehicles past 100k?

·
Registered
215 Posts
1. This sucks. You deserve better from your XC90, from your dealer, and from Volvo as a company, especially after spending more than $50,000 on a new vehicle.
Agreed. Here's hoping that Volvo does right by the folks who are experiencing this problem...

2. No matter how often folks here say Volvo is as reliable as a Japanese automaker, a quick skim of this subforum shows that to be patently untrue.

3. If these kinds of issues keep popping up at <5k miles, does anyone here honestly believe they're going to own these vehicles past 100k?
...but are you REALLY so foolish as to believe that an on-line forum representing a TINY and SELF-SELECTING population represents ANYTHING close to a valid statistical sample of what is really going on? Dude? How many of these are on the road? How many are represented here, both positively and negatively? If you don't know, then how could you POSSIBLY be in the least bit qualified to make statements like this. And if you DO know - what god-forsaken place did you learn your mathematics and statistics in?

Read through this recently? http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/forum/120-10-present-lexus-rx350-rx450h/
Or this? http://www.infinitiqx60.org/forum/2013-qx60-general-discussion-forum/
Are you foolish enough to think that they present an accurate picture of the reliability of those vehicles too?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hmmm...there seems to be a troll amongst us.:thumbdown:

·
Registered
2,356 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts

The facts:
http://insideevs.com/truedelta-tesla-least-reliable-automotive-brand-model-s-repair-frequency-2-3-times-worse-average/

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Thanks for the info, Codespanker. "Data" is the best response to trolls whose real intent seem to be to confuse and mislead.

·
Registered
962 Posts
it really does not matter, the matter is can I return this car?
Depends on your state. the "lemon law" varies by region and state. before filing for this lengthy process i would start a case with VOLVO USA for what BMW calls "Trade Assist" (VW/Audi has a similar program). Where they get you out of this vehicle and into another. If you are completely unsatisfied with the brand and product altogether then you ask to be bought out of the vehicle for full purchase price but in almost all cases you will be stuck on taxes. You most likely will not recoup any tax paid on the vehicle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got the same airbag message after driving it for a week. It's been in the shop for over a week waiting on a new module. Very frustrating!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
There was a corrupted line of code for the VCM in a recent software package. This has been identified and repaired in a new software update.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts