SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my FE in to address the recalls and they updated the sensus while I was there.

I drove it home (6 hours away). there were a few little visual tweaks that I noticed, but the big difference was my internet no longer worked. No access to any Apps, any updates, the "On Call" button doesn't even do anything. Can't get it to work either through the vehicle internet or tethered using my phone.

Apparently now you activate On Call using a dealer-generated code rather than calling Volvo On Call directly (which is what I did a few months ago when I took delivery of my vehicle).

Well, the code associated with my vehicle doesn't work and the "deactivate" code doesn't work either. The dealer doesn't know what to do. He suggested I call Volvo On Call on Monday to see if they could help.

I'm 6 hours away from the nearest service center so I'm REALLY hoping I don't need to take it back in because it's a huge pain...

Anybody experience this with the census update? Have any tips?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Your "six months trial" must be up, or sensus thinks so when the dealer opened the code to update.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Citivas and I were among some of the other first to get our First Editions and we still have time on our 6 months (around end of November it should be up) so I don't think 8-tracks trial is up.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Agreed. No one anywhere has reached 6 months yet. We're in the middle of the 5th month since the first deliveries.

They also haven't sent any material about subscribing after 6 months. We'll see if they do. I heard with some previous cars when they didn't have the program ready they just kept the free going for a while. If they don't it's a bummer for those of us early owners since the update that might finally give us something to do with our data will come out right as our free months expire.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have any of you updated to the latest Sensus update? I can't find a way to view version numbers, but one thing I noticed that was obviously different was there's a new "arrow" icon at the very top indicating navigation I would guess. Also, there's a new section for "Settings > Communication > Volvo On Call" that I don't remember being there before. That section is where you enter the "activation code" according to the dealer.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Sorry, but I gotta ask, you bought a car where the nearest dealer is a six hour drive away? My current car is a bit of an orphan. My nearest dealer is about a forty minute drive away, and I thought that was bad.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Have any of you updated to the latest Sensus update? I can't find a way to view version numbers, but one thing I noticed that was obviously different was there's a new "arrow" icon at the very top indicating navigation I would guess. Also, there's a new section for "Settings > Communication > Volvo On Call" that I don't remember being there before. That section is where you enter the "activation code" according to the dealer.
No I still have the original release software. I had planned to update when I took the car in for the side airbag cover recall which I still haven't scheduled yet. But with multiple reports of people saying their nav is worse with the update and now this I am second-guessing asking for the update. I had mostly wanted to check out the music app which my version doesn't have.

Yeah, I have complained about the lack of a version number too. Would be helpful for us to be able to compare.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts