SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked my dealer for a Sensus update last Friday, when my one-year-old V60 went for service. The old software version was 0930, and now it's 0BC2. I haven't seen version 0BC2 mentioned anywhere so far.

In my case all settings were wiped: audio settings, radio presets, nav locations, Bluetooth, and maybe more. That's not a problem to me but be aware.

Here are the improvements I noticed so far:

1. MyPOI for speedcams/red light cams works
And with different icons for each speed and camera type.

I downloaded the SCDB data for Volvo Sensus to a 16GB USB stick along with icons with the same name as the GPX files (e.g. SCDB_Redlight_50.gpx and SCDB_Redlight_50.bmp). Then imported each GPX file one by one (no icon is shown during importing but don't worry), and now all cams are displayed on the map with the right icons, and I hear church bells (approx. 100m in advance) when I approach a cam. Fantastic!
Just looking for some bigger icons now, as the speed digits in the 22x22 pixel icons are a bit hard to read from the normal driving position.

2. Surround audio quality (Premium Audio)
With surround enabled there used to be some sort of subtle echo artefact in the voices, making the surround mode unusable for me. That irritating echo is completely gone now, wow!
Now it sounds much more like my previous car (MY2003 S60 T5 with the premium Audio Max option), a sound I very much liked.

So I'm very happy with this software update! If you happen to know more improvements, please post it here.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Is this the update that included sport mode? Move your shifter to the manual position, and the gear should be indicated as "S".

·
Registered
301 Posts
Is this the update that included sport mode? Move your shifter to the manual position, and the gear should be indicated as "S".
i believe there is an ecm update for that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I move the shifter to manual I see the actual gear selected (1..6), no "S".

I think it involves more than a Sensus update to get the Sport mode, I read about a TCM update. Also I don't know if it applies to the EU T5, as the EU T5 is a different engine and gearbox (4 cylinder + Powershift) compared to the US version (5 cylinder + Geartronic).

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Are the Sound 4 and Sound Off options functional yet?

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I read your posting about this and checked it:
Sound 4 and Sound off are still inoperable.
Not what I wanted to hear, but thanks for the information. MyPOI is still a work in progress, I guess.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The camera database at pocketworldgps now has a consolidated file in gpx format.
That means you can now download a different file for each camera type (red light, mobile, gatso & specs). Whereas before mobile sites were lumped in with the fixed sites, even if you didn't tick the mobile download box.
You could have converted a .OV2 file to .GPX using POIEdit but this makes life a lot simpler. :)

I use sound 3 for each import, which is the sound of a camera shutter. Subtle, but loud enough to alert me.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just for the group's info I picked up my new S60 last week and my Sensus version is 0A00. I assume this is the latest version?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Does anyone have a sense of whether or not 0A00 would include anything that is new? I have to take my S60 in for a recall and want to make sure I get all of the most recent software if there's anything worth grabbing since it was manufactured in January.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Have they made changes to show more street names on the map? That still annoys me...
I've been running 0997, I wonder if there's any particular improved features. I'll be reluctant to get it updated if there's no particular improvement and face losing all my stored data.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have they made changes to show more street names on the map? That still annoys me...
I've been running 0997, I wonder if there's any particular improved features. I'll be reluctant to get it updated if there's no particular improvement and face losing all my stored data.
My version 0A00 has a very spare street name display.

It also gave some really crappy directions (relative to my own experience and Google maps) yesterday - I was only using it to locate the very last couple of streets on my trip, so I ignored it most of the time.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I'm hoping the new update will show more street names too. It should at least display all side streets as you approach them.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Can we now toggle Sat radio presets using steering wheel while in Nav mode?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Is there a website where I can subscribe to receive notifications about the Sensus updates? Are these downloadable, and upgradable in the field, by me?

My friend has a Ford, and he gets a USB stick delivered in the mail with the latest and greatest updates.

T

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Is there a website where I can subscribe to receive notifications about the Sensus updates? Are these downloadable, and upgradable in the field, by me?

My friend has a Ford, and he gets a USB stick delivered in the mail with the latest and greatest updates.

T
This is probably the best place to learn about Sensus updates but you then have to fight with your dealer to get them installed. It has been my experience that dealers are not too well informed about updates and will only investigate and install after a customer complaint about a particular bug experienced. These are not user installable unfortunately.

Nav Map updates are installed via DVD and Volvo offers 2 free updates with a new car purchase. I purchased my S60 March of 2011 and have yet to receive a Nav update...

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just went around with Navteq and Volvo on the status of the first update (I did an OSD on my S60 in Feb. 2011). First item was that upon registering, they incorrectly logged my email address as some placeholder address, even though I received the registration success email. You can verify this by going in and attempting to change your address for the registration. It kept saying that I used an incorrect address. I had to call Navteq to get this corrected.

They (Volvo and Navteq) said that the first update was being sent out as they were speaking to me. On Saturday, I received my notice that an update had shipped.

;)

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just went around with Navteq and Volvo on the status of the first update (I did an OSD on my S60 in Feb. 2011). First item was that upon registering, they incorrectly logged my email address as some placeholder address, even though I received the registration success email. You can verify this by going in and attempting to change your address for the registration. It kept saying that I used an incorrect address. I had to call Navteq to get this corrected.

They (Volvo and Navteq) said that the first update was being sent out as they were speaking to me. On Saturday, I received my notice that an update had shipped.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just updated my nav system 2 days ago with the navtec discs that I received in the mail. Since doing so, I now have a box displaying some odd Numbered Km/h in the right hand corner of the nav screen. The number does not seem to correspond with my current speed or average speed. Does anyone know what it is?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts