SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So over the last gew weeks or months, we have noticed the Sensus system on our 2012 XC60 to be booting / starting up a tad more slowly. We start the car, and then sit ther stairing at the blankmor startup screen (can't quite remember) for an extra few seconds. The rear camera is of course what we are really waiting on for reversing down the driveway.

Has anyone experinced this and if so what was the remedy? A "software update" seems an unlikely fix after all of these years (i.e. more like a hardware issue).

·
Registered
87 Posts
This sounds similar to the cold weather issue people are reporting on the 2015.5+ Sensus Connect systems. I've experienced it myself.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
565 Posts
Yea, mine has been acting up as well. When I try to connect to internet radio, Sensus hangs for many minutes and then catches up will all of the "Key" stokes I have entered while it was hung up...

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
This sounds similar to the cold weather issue people are reporting on the 2015.5+ Sensus Connect systems. I've experienced it myself.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
Wait, what cold weather issue? I noticed this myself the past few days when it's been really cold, but was telling myself that I was crazy for thinking that the temp would effect boot times.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Anyone figure out how to replace the HD with a SSD? I find sensus slow all the time. When it gets around the upper 30's it is unbearably slow.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Wait, what cold weather issue? I noticed this myself the past few days when it's been really cold, but was telling myself that I was crazy for thinking that the temp would effect boot times.
here's a link to the thread. "Cold Weather" is mentioned by brissm toward the end. Unfortunately this doesn't help the OP, since he wouldn't have the Harmon Kardon sound system in his car.
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?269002-Audio-Issue&highlight=sensus+connect

P.S. sorry for the threadjack, cab. I still think the symptoms sound awfully similar, and many on this thread have an R-Design Platinum. Is it still happening?
(of course, maybe R-Design XC60 buyers are more likely to be on swedespeed).

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting link since, yes, I think it is WORSE with the cold weather and yes we have experienced the audio disappearing too (regardless of source - parking sensors, radio, whatever). We, of course, have a 2012 model which is prior to the introduction of the Harmon Kardon setup, but is all sounds very similar. We are taking our car in Monday for several items (probably the last visit before our warranty expires next month) and this is on the list. Will see what they do (if anything).

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So here's an interesting twist. We went to pick the car up tonight and they said Sensus was behaving OK for them...no issues. We get in the car to leave...and no audio! I called over th service writer and he pulled one of th mechanics in to see it. Needless to say, we left the car with them. It is definitely getting worse. On the upside, we've had a new 2016 XC90 loaner since Monday. Much better than a short test drive...I've put at least 125 miles on it already.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got word the car is ready (we will pick it up later today) and they replaced the "audio module"...will see more specifics once I get the paperwork.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Back to the dealer for me. Cold last night (30s) and the Sensus would black out and then pop up the Volvo logo all the time continuing to play the FM radio station. It did this at least 4 times in a 20 minutes ride...

I sure hope Volvo isn't relying on this technology for antonymous driving.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts