SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm picking up my brand new Momentum pro next week here in Germany so am checking what other things I need to arrange. One thing I am slightly unsure about is the purpose of the SIM card for the Sensus Connect. I know it can deal with data issues such as providing an in-car hotspot, app usage, updates or Volvo connect functions but does it also allow you to make calls without having a separate (bluetooth or wired) connection? What I really need to know is should I be looking at getting a data only sim plan or is there an advantage to also having calls as part of the plan?

·
Registered
997 Posts
data only or use your phone as a hotspot is an option after the Volv trial period runs out if you have one.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I use AldiTalk here in Germany on data only plan for 3.99€ a month. I only use it for live traffic and weather. I use about 200mb a month.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all,

I'm picking up my brand new Momentum pro next week here in Germany so am checking what other things I need to arrange. One thing I am slightly unsure about is the purpose of the SIM card for the Sensus Connect. I know it can deal with data issues such as providing an in-car hotspot, app usage, updates or Volvo connect functions but does it also allow you to make calls without having a separate (bluetooth or wired) connection? What I really need to know is should I be looking at getting a data only sim plan or is there an advantage to also having calls as part of the plan?
As far as I know, there's no way to make calls using the in-car SIM card. You could try inserting the card from your phone in the car (assuming the XC40 is not locked to a specific carrier in Germany) and see what happens. I'm pretty sure Sensus is only designed to do calling and texting via a Bluetooth-paired phone. Even if you are using Android Auto, the phone stuff still happens over Bluetooth.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. That's clear and very useful. My phone sim provider is offering a sim card attached to my phone allowance for EUR2.99 a month. I'll use that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts