SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I turned on my car today, started pulling out of the garage, and noticed the radio wasn't on and the Sensus screen was completely blank. I couldn't turn it on pressing on the screen and hitting all the physical buttons. Even turned the car on and off several times but no avail. Finally, I had to get to work so I just started driving. After 5 mins the screen magically came back like nothing happened. Weird .. anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I had that black screen a few times before but it would go away when I pressed the home button.

I experienced a lot of weird gremlins with Sensus.

For example:

when you put the car into reverse, the camera will auto switch to the rear even if you already have it in 360. But sometimes it'll stay in 360 and wont auto switch to rear. I always only use the 360.

sometimes when I put the car into reverse without having the camera on, it would switch to the rear camera but all other options are not available. So it's basically just the rear camera over a black screen.

Just this weekend I had an issue where the volume knob and volume buttons on the steering wheel would not control the music volume. It would only control the navigation volume. But navi wasn't active and I also had carplay on.

Sometimes the 360 sensors would auto enable but why not just enable the 360 cameras? A few times I would try to click on close so I can enable the cameras only to have the sensors pop up again.

Sensus is also slow again. It was fast when I first picked up the car and after software update back in June. I love the interior and the layout with minimized physical buttons, but would it be so bad for a physical button for the camera? It would be safer and more convenient. We wouldn't have to swipe the screen just to get to the camera option.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was having intermittent reboots in June 2019 so they did a software update to the latest version. The reboots and very delayed boots came back 30 days later. My biggest issue was that it was 90+ degrees outside and my AC wouldn't run because the car was basically in fail safe mode. They ultimately ended up replacing the entire sensus unit. My car sat for 5 days because it had to wait for parts.

I recommend you schedule an appointment and get a loaner.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I had the May update done and still afterwards I have noticed the Sensus screen doing what you described on rare occasion. A couple times I turned off the engine, opened the driver door, and restarted and it came back. Not enough for me to take it in for service as there would be no way for them to reproduce it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts