SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two minor issues I’ve noticed and wanted to see if anyone else has experienced the same. Car was delivered in May but I don’t believe I have the latest SW (I still have the old stop start logo).

1. When I travel through a school zone I see the 25mph speed limit sign on the HUD and a small horizontal blank white sign that partially covers the bottom of it. That small sign should be yellow and say SCHOOL as it does on the instrument cluster screen, but on the HUD it is white/ blank and partially obscures the 25. I wonder why they would bother showing a blank sign on the HUD vs just the 25mph sign.

2. My FM radio does not display radio station logos or album covers from gracenote. My wife’s XC90 works as it should...station logos appear as well as appropriate album art. I have installed the gracenote update from the Volvo support page, and tried different profiles, same result. Album art works fine with my iPod.

·
Registered
512 Posts
For the second point, I think you need to enable HD Radio in settings

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For the second point, I think you need to enable HD Radio in settings

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
I thought the same thing but alas. Same result whether its on or off, broadcast info is on or off and freeze info is on or off. I guess I’ll live with it until the next service.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Reviving old thread, I have the same issue as OP , the issue # 1 - my HUD does not show School in yellow, instead of that it just obscuring the speed limit. I took delivery in Nov'19 and I believe i have the updated software.

·
Registered
74 Posts
For me, the school is in yellow. I have noticed the white being partially obscured as well. I wonder if the HUD screen is large enough to accommodate all of the symbols. Software should resize the symbols but I don't believe it does that. I checked and I have the latest software. My build date was August 2019.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Are you all saying that your roadmaps software is up-to-date? I don’t know if I am stating the obvious.

If it is truly a HUD defect, then I could see the total software upgrade / service 2.0 being a possible issue.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yes, I updated the Maps and I periodically update the maps as soon as Volvo releases them. One similarity I see from OP and me, is the state, perhaps CT does have some issue with Maps?

·
Registered
106 Posts
For me, the school is in yellow. I have noticed the white being partially obscured as well. I wonder if the HUD screen is large enough to accommodate all of the symbols. Software should resize the symbols but I don't believe it does that. I checked and I have the latest software. My build date was August 2019.
Mine is just a white empty box , does not show School in yellow. I am fine with overlaying the window with speed limit info. I just hate the white box

·
Registered
80 Posts
I want to add that my 19' S60 also has a white line covering the speed limit on my heads up display on windshield, but the graphics next to my speedometer show SCHOOL in yellow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts