SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a minute or two after I drive off, Sensus will restart multiple times. It starts with a peculiar noise similar to how old projector TV's sounded when you turned the power off. Then, everything goes black (except the speedometer) before Sensus ultimately restarts. It's been doing this for maybe a month, about 75% of my drives. It's usually fine after about 5 minutes. Yesterday, however, it made a harsh sustained beep, restarted, and then reset Sensus. Radio turned on with volume, and Android Auto was removed and replaced with MPG, etc.

Has anyone ever experienced this?

2017 T6 Momentum+

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have experienced something similar but without those sound. Sensus would go blank and reboot couple of times. My car is MY2019. Not sure what is going on as well. Good thing is it appears to be able to resurrect itself eventually. Meaning it does not keep doing this reboot, only couple of times (2-3), then it would stay put.

I would imagine that software issues largely gone for MY19 but this seems still there.

·
Registered
80 Posts
A little long shot, but... if you have Weather app installed in Sensus I'd recommend removing it. I had random Sensus reboots and after I removed Weather app it never happened again. This very well may be a coincidence, of course, but why not give it a try?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi,
I had similar MY2018 XC90T8, with multiple sensus reboots (and other issues). Turned out to be lemon, approx 2 months out of 9 months in service in Europe.
Service points were just updating software, but did not find root cause and did not escalate car to factory.

My own conclusion was that there might have been communication issues with flexray, as other issues were stuck charging cable, trunk opening sensor did not work, sometimes doors did not open. All of those communication is happening with flexray.

In warm climate and if you are using your car with your profile, there is no problem at all.

BUT

In icy roads, where you have forced drivemode to AWD/Power for understeering and sensus reboots, suddenly it shuts down the ICE and becomes rear wheel driven. I had some fun moments with it and were able to save the car at the highway exit on snow.
I also suspect, if somebody else is driving (original profile is locked) and this somebody has changed seat settings etc., sensus reboot will load default settings. Therefore there is real danger, if somebody else is using your car and adjusts the seats and there is sensus reboot.

PLEASE: Do not accept only software updates, please ask what is the root cause and force service point to find root cause. In case you drive in cold climate and you need to use AWD in T8 on snow/ice, you should simply return the car, it will be dangerous. T6 hs different AWD system, so in that sense it safer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts