SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

I am in a demo car and Sensus seems to lack additional functions, such as private locking, plus the cooling button in the glove compartment box.
Are these part of a special package, or is the car on a special menu due to demo use? (I find this unlikely)
Its a D5 Inscription MY19 (European Specs)

Also noticed the menu does not have the vertical line to scroll down...

Thanks is advance!
George.

·
Registered
195 Posts
What cooling button in the glove compartment?

Not sure this would help you but on my 19' Inscription, some of the buttoms were below the bottom of the screen for some reason and I scrolled down and there they were for some reason. You can rearrange them by holding the icons and dragging them.

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
Cooling glove box exists on Inscription or maybe other trim that has 4-zone climate control. But they sometimes change configuration and don't tell us.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
229 Posts
In my car, there is a mechanical lever in the glove box to activate cooling. It just redirects AC in there pretty much. It’s never been on the touch screen.

·
Registered
80 Posts
In my car, there is a mechanical lever in the glove box to activate cooling. It just redirects AC in there pretty much.
And this lever is rather flimsy I would say. Even when pushed as far as possible I still can feel substantial flow from AC entering the glove box.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Hi guys,
Also noticed the menu does not have the vertical line to scroll down...

Thanks is advance!
George.

The Sensus screen supports 7 rows x 3 icons within one view. If all of the icons (including blank rows) fit on those first 7 rows, there is no scroll bar.

My T8 with most of the bells and whistles has 21 icons. I have a couple of blank rows for separation and 9 rows total - initiating the vertical scroll bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guys thank you for the replies.

I mentioned that the LOCKING BUTTON for the glove compartment is missing from sensus as part of the PRIVATE LOCKING with PIN function.
I did not say that the cooling button was in sensus. The cooling level is probably as mentioned part of the 4-zone climate.

I just find it that the menu in the census of the demo car is pretty basic. I saw that there are electric configurations for the front seats (no heating seats on this demo), but only for lumbar support and not bolsters, nor the part of the seat where you actually sit. Is this maybe part of another package?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UPDATE: The demo car XC90 D5 Inscription MY19, did not have this feature.
The one thing i do not know is whether the DEMO car had Volvo Alarm Guard or not. (I suspected this could be the case as the volvo site mentions this locking feature in the Volvo Guard feature section).

Does anyone know how to distinguish whether the car has Volvo Guard or not?
The Demo car has the red light on the centre of the dash to indicate lock-unlock, but i don't know whether that is a feature of the Volvo Guard System, or if its standard across all XC90's.

As a side info the Volvo Dealership had no clue about this. They said this is a feature of the KEYLESS ENTRY option, which i find it highly unlikely.

On the other side they did not know to explain what does the ''SEMI AUTOMATIC Cargo Cover'' means or does....
I ve seen it in action on the XC60, but i dont think it works that way in the XC90...

·
Registered
183 Posts
UPDATE: The demo car XC90 D5 Inscription MY19, did not have this feature.
The one thing i do not know is whether the DEMO car had Volvo Alarm Guard or not. (I suspected this could be the case as the volvo site mentions this locking feature in the Volvo Guard feature section).

Does anyone know how to distinguish whether the car has Volvo Guard or not?
The Demo car has the red light on the centre of the dash to indicate lock-unlock, but i don't know whether that is a feature of the Volvo Guard System, or if its standard across all XC90's.

As a side info the Volvo Dealership had no clue about this. They said this is a feature of the KEYLESS ENTRY option, which i find it highly unlikely.

On the other side they did not know to explain what does the ''SEMI AUTOMATIC Cargo Cover'' means or does....
I ve seen it in action on the XC60, but i dont think it works that way in the XC90...
Hi George I am Stelios also from Greece.

Private Locking (which was also a question of mine in the past) it is part of the Volvo Alarm Guard. Also as far as it concerns my XC60, the locking of the fuel cap door is also part of the Volvo ALarm Guard. So if you are thinking in ordering a car, make sure you tick on this option as it cannot be retrofitted. You can tell from the button on the Sensus that says reduced guard and has a car with a hook hanging on top. This is the symbol to know you have Volvo Alarm Guard and no it is not part of the Keyless Entry since I have that but no Private locking in mine.

Cooling glovebox is part of the 4zone climate and is just a switch in the glovebox. Nothing special and does not really make things in it cool. I have it only because I opted for the 4zone climate control which also makes the rear seating of the car look more luxurious than the empty plastic cap the 2zone cars have.

Other things to consider that the dealer probably has not pointed out (due to their ignorance) at least for the Greek market are the following:

If you want your mirrors to lower towards the pavement on reverse you need to have the fully electric driver seat at the front with memory functions. The folding mirrors that I have with cameras and puddle lights etc, still do not tilt as I did not want to pay for electric seats.
Also if you want to control passenger seat from yours, then you need electric seats also for the passenger
Front parking sensors are EXTRA....watch out. Even if you have the 360 camera, you still have to order the front parking sensors, unless if you order the park assist pilot which includes them.
Maps are extra and they come with Business Pro option. Still there is no RTTI as Greece is not covered from Intrix and therefore you cannot see live the traffic. To top things up, although once the navigation is useful, if you want to find an address (at least for Greece) from Sensus it is 9 out 10 times a fail and a very long a slow process. But if you type the same query in Volvo On Call it finds immediately and sends it to the car in no time.
Android Auto is not permitted yet in Greece and you have to download it separately on your phone. Still is good to tick that option. No need to go for the extra CD player it just takes up space.
The semi automatic cargo cover simply does not exist on the XC90. For mine all it means is that you can easily slide up a bit to load items in the trunk and then bring back to its original position manually instead of retracting it all the way to the end.

Hope you found the above interesting, any other queries just pm me.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Stelios,

Nice meeting you and happy to find other Greek members as well.
I am also convinced that Private locking should be part of Volvo Guard system.
The demo i got had a red flashing light on the centre of the dashboard, but i don't know if this is a Volvo guard feature, or if its standard across all XC90's.
The demo did not have the ''reduced guard'', so probably it lacked the Volvo Guard system.
Maybe it's a feature of the immobiliser. I believe immobiliser should be standard, independently from the Volvo Guard package.

First of all, i am not configuring the car myself as i did not want to wait, although this would allow me to have everything i wanted
(e.g Keyless entry, Safety Laminated Glasses, Grey interior - new for MY20). Its a ready to be delivered car waiting in customs.

Concerning the other points you made they are very useful indeed and i thank you for the advise, although i believe that some things are different in the XC90 options/standard features.
Inline with your recommendation i found out the following.

1. I got Volvo Guard
2. I got 4 zone climate
3. I got the Ventilated/massage seats which is as ''high seat specced'' as it goes, so i think the tilt function will be there (very useful to protect the rims from the pavements)
The demo also had tilting reverse tilting function with electric seats and i could control the passenger seat as well, but strangely i could only control the seat sliding and the backrest tilt, not the height adjustment or lumbar support.

4. I haven't ordered the Park Assist Pilot (park-in / park-out) but the car has the PARK ASSIST MCP3M-MCP3M package which includes:

A. Front & Rear parking sensors. MCP3M-691
B. Park Assist Camera - MCP3M-790
C. Visual Park Assist 360° - MCP3M-139

5. The car has Standard equipment:
Navigation Pro with RDS and 3D graphics (includes Europe maps in hard drive, Voice Control ECO-drive, (POI) access to (apps): Park & Pay, Yelp, Glympse, Wikipedia, Καιρός.

6. I don't use Android, but the car has as standard equipment Smartphone Integration (Apple CarPlay και Android Auto.Siri, iMessages, phone calls Includes one extra USB port.)

I use Apple play, and i intend to use Google maps from Apple play instead of Sensus navigation, which i believe is useless as you said.

7. The semi automatic cargo cover in XC90 is a wrong interpretation of what it does.
It means that you can ''park'' the cover in the middle position, (compared to the high park position in the XC60), covering around 50% of cargo space and leaving the rest easy to load, BUT in a station wagon i saw -cant recall the model- the cargo cover actually was moving in relation with the Rear cargo door (trunk), so when you opened the trunk it was raised to help you load/unload it, and when you closed the electric trunk, it went back in place electrically. This was semi-automatic indeed.

I thought this was also the way it worked in XC60, but from your message, i gather that is not.

Thank you so much for your kind comments and the time you took to explain all these.

Best Regards,
George.

Hi George I am Stelios also from Greece.

Private Locking (which was also a question of mine in the past) it is part of the Volvo Alarm Guard. Also as far as it concerns my XC60, the locking of the fuel cap door is also part of the Volvo ALarm Guard. So if you are thinking in ordering a car, make sure you tick on this option as it cannot be retrofitted. You can tell from the button on the Sensus that says reduced guard and has a car with a hook hanging on top. This is the symbol to know you have Volvo Alarm Guard and no it is not part of the Keyless Entry since I have that but no Private locking in mine.

Cooling glovebox is part of the 4zone climate and is just a switch in the glovebox. Nothing special and does not really make things in it cool. I have it only because I opted for the 4zone climate control which also makes the rear seating of the car look more luxurious than the empty plastic cap the 2zone cars have.

Other things to consider that the dealer probably has not pointed out (due to their ignorance) at least for the Greek market are the following:

If you want your mirrors to lower towards the pavement on reverse you need to have the fully electric driver seat at the front with memory functions. The folding mirrors that I have with cameras and puddle lights etc, still do not tilt as I did not want to pay for electric seats.
Also if you want to control passenger seat from yours, then you need electric seats also for the passenger
Front parking sensors are EXTRA....watch out. Even if you have the 360 camera, you still have to order the front parking sensors, unless if you order the park assist pilot which includes them.
Maps are extra and they come with Business Pro option. Still there is no RTTI as Greece is not covered from Intrix and therefore you cannot see live the traffic. To top things up, although once the navigation is useful, if you want to find an address (at least for Greece) from Sensus it is 9 out 10 times a fail and a very long a slow process. But if you type the same query in Volvo On Call it finds immediately and sends it to the car in no time.
Android Auto is not permitted yet in Greece and you have to download it separately on your phone. Still is good to tick that option. No need to go for the extra CD player it just takes up space.
The semi automatic cargo cover simply does not exist on the XC90. For mine all it means is that you can easily slide up a bit to load items in the trunk and then bring back to its original position manually instead of retracting it all the way to the end.

Hope you found the above interesting, any other queries just pm me.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Nice meeting you and happy to find other Greek members as well - Same here
I am also convinced that Private locking should be part of Volvo Guard system. - Yes
The demo i got had a red flashing light on the centre of the dashboard, but i don't know if this is a Volvo guard feature, or if its standard across all XC90's. - This is an indication to all Volvos that the car is locked
Maybe it's a feature of the immobiliser. I believe immobiliser should be standard, independently from the Volvo Guard package. - Yes immobiliser is std
Navigation Pro with RDS and 3D graphics (includes Europe maps in hard drive, Voice Control ECO-drive, (POI) access to (apps): Park & Pay, Yelp, Glympse, Wikipedia, Καιρός Trust me is good enough you won't need Google Maps that takes out only half the screen and do no display on the Dashboard, as long as you search and send to the car via Volvo On Call (also std in all new models but you need to install a sim card with data only)
BUT in a station wagon i saw -cant recall the model- V90 only has this function

Enjoy your new car and hope to see you on the streets with it soon. If you are in Athens we are bound to bump to each other somewhere

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Enjoy your new car and hope to see you on the streets with it soon. If you are in Athens we are bound to bump to each other somewhere
True!!! See you in the wild!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts