SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This morning my sensus froze on me again... this is the "12th" time in a year.
Been at the dealership more than a half a dozen times for multiple issues. I think it is not worth the time and effort. I wish I could trade this car in but financially I can't. Trade in value for this car is $14k less than what I paid for!!!! yes in less than a year!!!!
What is Volvo going to do now?.... Again, they will contact me and say they take care of the issue, will have to take my car to the stealership again... they will send a Volvo region engineer to look at it... they will run a software update.... mmmm let's wait about 60 days... ooops it will happen again.
Now let me ask a couple of serious questions... Are we driving prototypes? Did Volvo performed all the field testing on these vehicles before putting them in the market? Are these issues associated with the Chinese ownership?

Texas T6

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
This morning my sensus froze on me again... this is the "12th" time in a year.
Been at the dealership more than a half a dozen times for multiple issues. I think it is not worth the time and effort. I wish I could trade this car in but financially I can't. Trade in value for this car is $14k less than what I paid for!!!! yes in less than a year!!!!
What is Volvo going to do now?.... Again, they will contact me and say they take care of the issue, will have to take my car to the stealership again... they will send a Volvo region engineer to look at it... they will run a software update.... mmmm let's wait about 60 days... ooops it will happen again.
Now let me ask a couple of serious questions... Are we driving prototypes? Did Volvo performed all the field testing on these vehicles before putting them in the market? Are these issues associated with the Chinese ownership?

Texas T6
Do you need a box of tissues? Seriously all you do is complain and bash! No this has nothing to do with Chinese ownership, because the S60 was developed under Ford and there hasn't been any produced Chinese parts/automobiles outside the Chinese market. It's called software and every company goes through growing pains when dealing with electronics. You may actually have a bad module casing these problems; my brother had a bad HU module and they replaced it (solved all his issues). You honestly have a bad dealer, who doesn't know what they are doing (and this can happen with any dealer, and I can name the good/bad dealers in NJ).

Here's a solution: Sell your car privately as you'll at least get more than a trade in.

Here's what fixed my brother's issues (Now if you are having iPhone connectivity issues than I can't help, my Nokia Lumia 900 [WindowsPhone7] works just fine and so did my Samsung Focus [WindowsPhone7]:
UPDATE: Alright its been roughly over a week and we just got my brothers car back from the dealership and as of right now SENSUS is functioning; actually much smoother eventhough we had Firmware 0997 when it went in with issues. There are no hang ups or lag time while switching between 'Modes' and the Bluetooth works perfectly. Of course I will have to give it a little bit more than a day to see if any gremlins come back. But for you out there who want to know what was replaced here is the list:

39020-2 Audio Module (AUD) Replacing (2) 205 W
~1 - 36001859-2 Control Module
~1 - 31268489-7 ICM Reload
~1 - 36001735-4 Exchange AUD
~1 - 31282058-2 AUD Reload

39350-2 Infotainment Control Module (ICM) Replacing (2)

36002-3 Software Control Module Downloading (2)

39349 Complete Radio Sets with Stereo

39021-3 Audio Module (AUD) Fault Tracing Diagnostic Trouble Code (2)

36001-2 Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCS) Reading/Resetting VST/VCT (2)

1726 Checked Fault Codes - None Set, R/T with FTS, Symptoms Not Duplicated, After Three Key Cycles Symptoms Returned, FTS Recommended Replacing SENSUS SCREEN, ICM Reload, Comp. SW, and AUD Upgrade.

Performed Recommended Operations, R/T 60 Miles, Some Faults Returned After Repairs, Checked Fault Codes, Found AUD Fault Codes, Ordered AUD, Replaced AUD, Performed AUD Reload, Cleared Codes, R/T 60 miles, No Symptoms, Checked Codes - None Set, Paired iPhone, Tested with Phone Call - OK

That was everything on Invoice from the dealer that was done.

A special thanks to Chris Dauerer at VCNA for getting a Regional Rep down to the dealer to look over my brothers car!

·
Registered
780 Posts
I agree with puredrive07. Either sell the damn car and quit bitching about it or find another dealer to fix your problems if the one you currently go to is incompetent.
And if that doesn't work, you can always go and invoke the lemon law - that is if your "prototype" style issues are that apparent - wdimagineer got his car replaced by Volvo because of manufacturing issues - maybe you can too.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I agree with puredrive07. Either sell the damn car and quit bitching about it or find another dealer to fix your problems if the one you currently go to is incompetent.
And if that doesn't work, you can always go and invoke the lemon law - that is if your "prototype" style issues are that apparent - wdimagineer got his car replaced by Volvo because of manufacturing issues - maybe you can too.
I swear you're trolling with the lemon law...

@OP. How did it freeze? What were you doing when you caused it to freeze?

·
Registered
780 Posts
I swear you're trolling with the lemon law...
@OP. How did it freeze? What were you doing when you caused it to freeze?
Just replying in the same tone that the OP was sharing his experience.

·
Registered
558 Posts
2nd everything said. I would get in touch with the regional Volvo rep and get a resolution. My experiance up here in the NW is if there was a car with that many issues, they would have replaced it loooong ago. VCNA has always stepped up to the plate here.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Who is your dealer in Texas?

·
Registered
647 Posts

·
Registered
4,637 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here's what fixed my brother's issues (Now if you are having iPhone connectivity issues than I can't help, my Nokia Lumia 900 [WindowsPhone7] works just fine and so did my Samsung Focus [WindowsPhone7]:
UPDATE: Alright its been roughly over a week and we just got my brothers car back from the dealership and as of right now SENSUS is functioning; actually much smoother eventhough we had Firmware 0997 when it went in with issues. There are no hang ups or lag time while switching between 'Modes' and the Bluetooth works perfectly. Of course I will have to give it a little bit more than a day to see if any gremlins come back. But for you out there who want to know what was replaced here is the list:

39020-2 Audio Module (AUD) Replacing (2) 205 W
~1 - 36001859-2 Control Module
~1 - 31268489-7 ICM Reload
~1 - 36001735-4 Exchange AUD
~1 - 31282058-2 AUD Reload

39350-2 Infotainment Control Module (ICM) Replacing (2)

39349 Complete Radio Sets with Stereo

39021-3 Audio Module (AUD) Fault Tracing Diagnostic Trouble Code (2)

36001-2 Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCS) Reading/Resetting VST/VCT (2)

1726 Checked Fault Codes - None Set, R/T with FTS, Symptoms Not Duplicated, After Three Key Cycles Symptoms Returned, FTS Recommended Replacing SENSUS SCREEN, ICM Reload, Comp. SW, and AUD Upgrade.

Performed Recommended Operations, R/T 60 Miles, Some Faults Returned After Repairs, Checked Fault Codes, Found AUD Fault Codes, Ordered AUD, Replaced AUD, Performed AUD Reload, Cleared Codes, R/T 60 miles, No Symptoms, Checked Codes - None Set, Paired iPhone, Tested with Phone Call - OK

That was everything on Invoice from the dealer that was done.

A special thanks to Chris Dauerer at VCNA for getting a Regional Rep down to the dealer to look over my brothers car!

Hey PureDrive,

Would you mind sharing with me what problems your brother had with Sensus? I'm looking at your reply and the steps his dealer took to repair the issue and trying to see if I should share those steps with my dealer to fix my Sensus problem.

My issues with Sensus rarely occur, lets say about once a month, but when it does happen it's a tad frustrating. The problem I'm experiencing only occurs when I am listening to satellite radio and Sensus seems to freeze so that I cannot change channels or adjust the volume via the controls on the steering wheel or the console. However I can change inputs to USB, iPod, Bluetooth or FM Radio and then I can change channels and adjust the volume within those inputs but when I switch back to satellite radio I am still "locked out". I reset the audio and satellite settings to default on the Sensus menu and even performed a manual Sensus power reboot with no luck. So far the only way to remedy the situation when it does happen is to power off the engine and restart the car.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey PureDrive,

The problem I'm experiencing only occurs when I am listening to satellite radio and Sensus seems to freeze so that I cannot change channels or adjust the volume via the controls on the steering wheel or the console. However I can change inputs to USB, iPod, Bluetooth or FM Radio and then I can change channels and adjust the volume within those inputs but when I switch back to satellite radio I am still "locked out". I reset the audio and satellite settings to default on the Sensus menu and even performed a manual Sensus power reboot with no luck. So far the only way to remedy the situation when it does happen is to power off the engine and restart the car.
I've been having the same issue, I do have videos from both types of failure my car is having...
The dealer replaced the Sat radio unit and that did not solve the problem, so must be something else.
This is what the stealer did:
~ 23 ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
~ 750 WT
~ 1 31346363 TUNER
~ 1 31282066 RDAR RELOAD
~ REPLACE SAT MODULE,

That evidently did not work.

To Volvo NA:
Do you see? I'm not alone! Do something!

Texas T6

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Hey PureDrive,

Would you mind sharing with me what problems your brother had with Sensus? I'm looking at your reply and the steps his dealer took to repair the issue and trying to see if I should share those steps with my dealer to fix my Sensus problem.

My issues with Sensus rarely occur, lets say about once a month, but when it does happen it's a tad frustrating. The problem I'm experiencing only occurs when I am listening to satellite radio and Sensus seems to freeze so that I cannot change channels or adjust the volume via the controls on the steering wheel or the console. However I can change inputs to USB, iPod, Bluetooth or FM Radio and then I can change channels and adjust the volume within those inputs but when I switch back to satellite radio I am still "locked out". I reset the audio and satellite settings to default on the Sensus menu and even performed a manual Sensus power reboot with no luck. So far the only way to remedy the situation when it does happen is to power off the engine and restart the car.

His whole system was buggy and kept crashing, so the dealer replaced just about every module, screen/HU and ICM module. Just print this out and take it to the dealer and have them check out all those parts. I've only had one freeze up since I got the car in Jan.

·
Registered
21 Posts
His whole system was buggy and kept crashing, so the dealer replaced just about every module, screen/HU and ICM module. Just print this out and take it to the dealer and have them check out all those parts. I've only had one freeze up since I got the car in Jan.
Hmm... Mine has been pretty solid with the exception of the rare issue I described above but if it happens again, I will take it in to my dealer and share with him your brothers remedy and see what he thinks. Thanks!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Hey PureDrive,

I had this same issue happen one time and caught it on video. I gave a thumb drive with the vid to the dealer and the service mgr said he'd send to Volvo. VCNA should be aware of this from North Point Volvo in Alpharetta Ga based on my video. No fix ands hasn't happened to me since.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts