SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a video of the situation.

https://player.vimeo.com/video/324676940

I don't know if this was the cause but here's the story. I was in Eco mode and stopped at my friends house. I stopped in his driveway and the engine auto-stopped as it normally does. I put the car in Park and got out. The car thought "Oh... he just forgot to turn me off." and stopped as if I had hit the button. When I got back in the car and started it up, it started making the strange pulsing staticky noise you can hear in the video. It continued as I drove along. Finally I pulled over and shot the video. I was able to recover by stopping the engine, opening the door and then restarting everything. Very strange!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the same thing happen yesterday. Got in and started up my XC40 for the first time that day and immediately was greeted with the same sound. Turned off and restarted same sound. I then turned the car off again waited a full 5 minutes restarted and all was now fine. I don’t know the cause but Senus did update regional maps the day before. That was my first hiccup with the car in almost 8 months of issue free use.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had the same problem two months ago. Turning the car off and back on again didn't solve the problem, so I turned it off, got out and locked the car, then unlocked it. When restarting the car the problem disappeared. Our dealer had told us a while ago that certain settings did not get reset when simply turning the car off and restarting; it requires locking, unlocking and restarting. It has not happened again since.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Here's a video of the situation.

https://player.vimeo.com/video/324676940

I don't know if this was the cause but here's the story. I was in Eco mode and stopped at my friends house. I stopped in his driveway and the engine auto-stopped as it normally does. I put the car in Park and got out. The car thought "Oh... he just forgot to turn me off." and stopped as if I had hit the button. When I got back in the car and started it up, it started making the strange pulsing staticky noise you can hear in the video. It continued as I drove along. Finally I pulled over and shot the video. I was able to recover by stopping the engine, opening the door and then restarting everything. Very strange!
I've noticed that the car really doesn't like it when I take the key fob out of the car while it is running, even if I'm only going to get something out of the boot. Like with many new tech, the 1st "fix" is to reboot, followed by a power off (in Volvo's case, perhaps a shutdown, get-out, lock, and unlock) protocol. May be just a safety process with them, tho I think that is odd given the car has remote start functionality.

Hey, I see the Harley sweatshirt. What do you ride, if I may ask? Bet it's garaged right now, eh?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, I see the Harley sweatshirt. What do you ride, if I may ask? Bet it's garaged right now, eh?
I have a 2015 Electra Glide Ultra Limited. She's my pride and joy. And yea... with all the sand and salt on the roads, she's sitting in the garage. I'll bet I get her out on the road within a month tho. It's been a long time. :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have a 2015 Electra Glide Ultra Limited. She's my pride and joy. And yea... with all the sand and salt on the roads, she's sitting in the garage. I'll bet I get her out on the road within a month tho. It's been a long time. :)
I hear you! I put more miles annually on my bikes than the car. Urah, for The Sounds of Freedom!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts