SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
The left stalk has a Read button to acknowledge messages. That might do it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Continued funny stuff... It's actually not happening every time I get out :rolleyes: sometimes the chime goes silent and the message clears. Can't seem to reproduce this on demand, BUT I will try 'READ', 'INFO', and 'RESET' on the left stick NEXT time it happens.

·
Registered
837 Posts
That is pretty wild. Is there another key in the car (i.e. your spouse with you, etc.) - just wonder if it is getting confused, etc. (well, obviously, it is getting confused somehow).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No other key involved. I normally just leave the fob in my pocket, works as you would expect. It's just now and then this happens. I had be turning the car off to cancel, but this seemed silly. Then I decided to drive away thinking this would time out... after a mile I got tired of that (and realizing it wasn't going to cancel on its own) and pulled the fob out of my pocket, placing it in the dash (as shown). That didn't stop it, nor opening / closing the door. I finally resorted to turning the engine off (when did Volvo start using Microsoft software? :O)

·
Registered
113 Posts
It never happen to me. Fob's battery may be weak.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does (keyless) fob battery recharge in dash? Don't recall having read that in the XC60 manual.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Does (keyless) fob battery recharge in dash? Don't recall having read that in the XC60 manual.
No,doesn't. Please look at manual page 61 (Replace batt. in PCC). IMO, i found that in general remote some time has oxide in the batt. terminal. You just clean the batt. terminal. And put batteries back.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How long have your batteries lasted? All seems fine with all the functions (just to grab the handle get in, start, and the occasional 'did I lock the car' query).

·
Registered
113 Posts
My old car, i used for over 7 years without any replace battery. Just some time, when i placed the remote button to open/close the door. I placed more than one time to open/close. That was time to check the remote's battery voltage and clean it. I placed it back. That's it.
First check the fob's battery voltage and use the dry cloth to clean the contacts for good flow the electric current. It may be one cause of your problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts