SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?604641-My-Sensus-Stopped-working-What-could-be-wrong

Today I took my car in to the local Volvo and they had Zero clue what was wrong. Opening up a help ticket with Volvo itself. I have my 50K scheduled are my preferred Volvo, but I thought this would be a simple fix (reload software), but that's not what it turned out to be.

They reloaded the newest software and nothing resolved. Tested Wifi, Hotspot, and Regular 3G. Nothing worked. Tech was at a loss other than something failed but what it could be, he didn't know.

Will ask my preferred dealer when I drop off car Monday for any insight, but since I've had the local one open a ticket, guess that's where it stands.

Any thought or input as to the problem?

·
Registered
53 Posts
The SIM card subscription does expire. Volvo only pays for a limited amount of time. If the on call button works, ask the operator if you SIM subscription has expired.
The SIM cards run on the AT&T network. After expiration AT&T SIM sub is $20? per month.
Normally Volvo will pay for 4 years or 50K miles for Sensus
Most customers use/link their cell phone for Sensus stuff after the Volvo SIM sub has expired.
The above may be something to check into for your car.

·
Registered
8,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The SIM card subscription does expire. Volvo only pays for a limited amount of time. If the on call button works, ask the operator if you SIM subscription has expired.
The SIM cards run on the AT&T network. After expiration AT&T SIM sub is $20? per month.
Normally Volvo will pay for 4 years or 50K miles for Sensus
Most customers use/link their cell phone for Sensus stuff after the Volvo SIM sub has expired.
The above may be something to check into for your car.
Unfortunately, it isn't a sim card issue. Because neither Wifi works (via hotspot or regular wifi) and nor does blutooth tethering. Sim card should still acquire a signal under 3G without subscription, but the internet features won't work (like 3g hotspot).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts