SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what I have read from Volvo's Sensus Connect (with Sensus on Call), the following apps would purportedly be available. I know that some have not been available, but it would be good to know if this list is what you see once the November 23rd update is installed. Some of these applications may vary based on market, but I think this list is focused on the US:
  • Pandora
  • Tunein
  • rdio
  • Stitcher
  • Glympse
  • WikiLocations
  • Park and Pay
  • SiriusXM (weather/traffic)*
  • Real-time traffic

P.S.:
  • Apple CarPlay access (activation may or may not be an additional charge based on market)
  • Google Auto (future in 2016)

Please post any corrections to this list after you have installed the update and identify your market/country.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Where are you reading that rdio, Stitcher, Glimpse, WikiLocations or Park and Pay will be available?

I know some or all of those are available in the pre-XC90 version of Sensus available in some other models. But that's a different platform (despite the same name).

The November software release notes only mention CarPlay, Pandora, Yelp, Find Car and Inrix Real-time Traffic (the latter not by brand name). Which expands on the existing apps for VoC, Here, Weather and TuneIn (the latter for those with the interim newer software).

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Let me try to find it again. Umm, I am a bit old-fashioned and have a print-out. The print-out does not display the hyperlink. Most everything I do on VCNA's website is focused on the 2016 XC90. You may very well be right that I pulled a non-specific model brochure. I will look for it over the weekend and post the link if I am correct, or apologies if I am not. I suspect I might be eating crow on this one since I was also downloading or printing information on extended warranties, et al at the time.

Here is the link where I found the info: http://www.volvocars.com/us/own/owner-info/sensus-connect (GrecianVolvo confirmed the list below.)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Let me try to find it again. Umm, I am a bit old-fashioned and have a print-out. The print-out does not display the hyperlink. Most everything I do on VCNA's website is focused on the 2016 XC90. You may very well be right that I pulled a non-specific model brochure. I will look for it over the weekend and post the link if I am correct, or apologies if I am not. I suspect I might be eating crow on this one since I was also downloading or printing information on extended warranties, et al at the time.
The website can be deceptive. Some of the links about Sensus end up taking you to a generic Sensus page that isn't specific to the 2016 XC90. I had that happen to me once and so it ended up showing pictures and features for other models that don't exist in the XC90.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
From what I have read from Volvo's Sensus Connect (with Sensus on Call), the following apps would purportedly be available. I know that some have not been available, but it would be good to know if this list is what you see once the November 23rd update is installed. Some of these applications may vary based on market, but I think this list is focused on the US:
  • Pandora
  • Tunein
  • rdio
  • Stitcher
  • Glympse
  • WikiLocations
  • Park and Pay
  • SiriusXM (weather/traffic)*
  • Real-time traffic

P.S.:
  • Apple CarPlay access (activation may or may not be an additional charge based on market)
  • Google Auto (future in 2016)

Please post any corrections to this list after you have installed the update and identify your market/country.
Your list is correct.

Apple CarPlay will be provided complimentary to all FE owners and any XC90 DELIVERED by 11/23/2015.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Really surprised Spotify isn't upcoming, considering its shared roots in Sweden.

There's CarPlay, but I'm certain it wouldn't have the full capabilities a native app would.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Your list is correct.

Apple CarPlay will be provided complimentary to all FE owners and any XC90 DELIVERED by 11/23/2015.
grecian, is that confirmation then that as of the upcoming release next week they are adding rdio, Stitcher, Glympse, WikiLocations and Park and Pay despite them not being on the release notes?

·
Registered
89 Posts
grecian, is that confirmation then that as of the upcoming release next week they are adding rdio, Stitcher, Glympse, WikiLocations and Park and Pay despite them not being on the release notes?

I ordered at the beginning of August, and it finally made it to the shipping terminal in Sweden today.
Does this mean that I will have to pay for car play?

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
This is what I was told. I am still going to wait for the installation of the software and see it with my own eyes.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I think Rdio died. May be bought out.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Spotify would be a far more interesting app. That's what my kids and all their friends use after having tried them all. Personally I use Amazon Prime because I get it free, its much, much better than Apple Music and I don't listen enough to pay for any of the services and don't like the commercials and skipping limitations with their free products. Unlimited skipping with Prime.

In any event, hopefully we can just use Spotify from CarPlay soon.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Spotify would be a far more interesting app. That's what my kids and all their friends use after having tried them all. Personally I use Amazon Prime because I get it free, its much, much better than Apple Music and I don't listen enough to pay for any of the services and don't like the commercials and skipping limitations with their free products. Unlimited skipping with Prime.
I've been using Rhapsody for years and love it.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Spotify would be preferred over Pandora. Pandora is terrible at predicting what I like.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Yeah pandora has been a huge adele fan and keeps trying to convince me that I am too. but maybe with its acquisition of Rdio that will change.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Appointment made for the update, Monday morning @ 8:00 am. Dealer said that would take no longer than 30 minutes.....
Frankly that would scare me a little. Others have been reporting it takes hours. So either your dealer rocks or doesn't know what they are saying. Could go either way. Let us know!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Appointment made for the update, Monday morning @ 8:00 am. Dealer said that would take no longer than 30 minutes.....
Depending on whether your dealer has actually had the training from VCNA or not, they might be scheduling you in for other updates... my dealer let me schedule an appointment for 11/30, not for the Big November Update (which they didn't know about as of this past Monday) but because there were several interim updates that could be applied since I picked up my car at the end of August. They still said they needed the car all day, so I scheduled a loaner, all of this gambling that by the time my appointment rolls around, they will actually be doing the Big November Update... I'd totally question the 30-min estimate.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
I think your dealer is looking up one of the smaller interim updates that has come out in the past few months. This 'November Update' certainly will take longer than 30 minutes from what I have been told.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts