SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have installed a SIM card in the 3G modem in the trunk which is working since I can see the car on the Volvo App, lock it, unlock it, etc... However, for some reason it does not manage to update the Weather App or use the 3G Modem provided for other Apps such as TuneIn.

I have activated the modem in the Sensus interface, but it does not change anything.

Would you be able to tell me if this is normal, and if not how you deal with it?

Thanks all and happy new-year.

JC

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Hi All,

I have installed a SIM card in the 3G modem in the trunk which is working since I can see the car on the Volvo App, lock it, unlock it, etc... However, for some reason it does not manage to update the Weather App or use the 3G Modem provided for other Apps such as TuneIn.

I have activated the modem in the Sensus interface, but it does not change anything.

Would you be able to tell me if this is normal, and if not how you deal with it?

Thanks all and happy new-year.

JC
Where are you located?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Hello / Bonjour:

The first time I attempted to install the TuneIn (and Weather) app they would not download - got stuck in a "paused" state.

The following day I tried again (from the same place, from the comfort of my garage) and they downloaded OK.

When you look through the screens with the status of the car's integral Internet connection (modem) - does it show your wireless carrier OK? (There's not a lot of good information in the documentation on how to troubleshoot this.)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your answer. Yes, the connection status are good since I am connected to the car via the Sensus App. Only it does not update on its own TuneIn or the Weather App. I'll give it another go this evening.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Thanks for your answer. Yes, the connection status are good since I am connected to the car via the Sensus App. Only it does not update on its own TuneIn or the Weather App. I'll give it another go this evening.
assuming you have the ''Auto Update" checked?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts