1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just checked mine and no update. Does it have to be done at the dealer or will it be done automatically?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Has to be done at the dealer since there is now wireless/satellite download capability.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I just had my 15K service this week and not find that I have 3.0. :D I will check out the details over the weekend and report what I find.
mark-sf: Did you have to pay for the update? I just had the first service done on my standard T-6 and the dealer was going to charge for any Sensus updates unless I had any "issues" with the current version- which I did not. This just doesn't seem right.... Pete

·
Registered
647 Posts
mark-sf: Did you have to pay for the update? I just had the first service done on my standard T-6 and the dealer was going to charge for any Sensus updates unless I had any "issues" with the current version- which I did not. This just doesn't seem right.... Pete
I did not have to pay anything though I did report an issue where occasionally the Sensus system will become non-responsive. This happens intermittently if I am switching modes quickly or using it heavily just after starting. For example, an issue that still is not fixed which anyone can replicate is to set iPod on Random, then while playing a song scroll to another song in the album or playlist and begin playing it. If you now scroll you will see it believes it is still playing the original song.

Good luck!

Mark

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Software updates are complimentary with any regular service (US market):

http://www.volvocars.com/us/top/yourvolvo/volvoserviceforlife/pages/default.aspx

I suspect there were earlier "patch on complaint" sort of responses by dealers. As I recall when
mine was done they did it through the USB and kind of had to go out of there way to update
the IAM to do it (IAM=Integrated Audio Module), But my dealer did it with no issue when I mentioned
I would like the IPOD search feature that I knew was in the most recent patches.

Sensus 3.0 seems to be a more official release/update that Volvo is promoting. So I
would tend to think it should be updated as part of the Volvo Service For Life service
referenced in the above link.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Pete,

We too were told that all Sensus updates were free during the 5/50 period. Nav updates, after the first 2 which would be free, were the only ones we'd be charged for.
Thanks for the information, krn and recklesstown. It appears that I need to have a little discussion with my dealer's service department........... Pete

·
Registered
19 Posts
Talked with the service manager at my local Volvo dealer today about the Sensus 3.0 update. He said it was FREE as long as it was done during regular scheduled maintenance.

From Volvo's web site: The maintenance program covers the first six scheduled services at no charge on model year 2012 and 2011 vehicles. The service schedule is 7,500, 15,000, 22,500, 30,000, 37,500 and 45,000 miles.

If I don't want to wait for the next scheduled maintenance, I have the option of paying $119.00 to hook my car up to their computer and the cost of the upgraded software. I'm at 20,000 miles, so I will do it for the 22,500 mile covered maintenance.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Talked with the service manager at my local Volvo dealer today about the Sensus 3.0 update. He said it was FREE as long as it was done during regular scheduled maintenance.

From Volvo's web site: The maintenance program covers the first six scheduled services at no charge on model year 2012 and 2011 vehicles. The service schedule is 7,500, 15,000, 22,500, 30,000, 37,500 and 45,000 miles.

If I don't want to wait for the next scheduled maintenance, I have the option of paying $119.00 to hook my car up to their computer and the cost of the upgraded software. I'm at 20,000 miles, so I will do it for the 22,500 mile covered maintenance.
I sure hope that the free update will also apply to ZERO miles delivery. Our OSD XC60 is currently sitting on the Baltimore dock awaiting Customs clearance. Of course since we have already driven it in Europe, I know for sure that it does not have 3.0 loaded. (OK, so in our case ZERO actually is the 1304 miles we put on it already.....)

·
Registered
222 Posts
I sure hope that the free update will also apply to ZERO miles delivery. Our OSD XC60 is currently sitting on the Baltimore dock awaiting Customs clearance. Of course since we have already driven it in Europe, I know for sure that it does not have 3.0 loaded. (OK, so in our case ZERO actually is the 1304 miles we put on it already.....)
This is VERY unlikely. My car arrived at the dealer in January. They washed, put the tow plugs back in, took off (the very odd) "OSD" Maroney sticker and delivered it.

I'm anxious to get Sensus 3.0, too. Sensus is extraordinarily annoying...it's much less functional and thought-through than even the original 7 Series release of iDrive.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Given that yours is 0 mile, I would "talk " to your salesperson and see if you can get them to do it...I bet they will.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm getting the Sensus 3.0 as we speak. It has caused a mini panic at the dealership. They had to expand memory in their system to accept it so that it can be loaded into the units as they come in.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I am taking ours in next week for the 15k service and will see what they say when I request the upgrade.
I got ours done last week. It wiped out the FM stations and all the setup info in the EQ but it kept the SAT programing no problem. It is a welcomed upgrade. However it seems like some things work a little slower now IMO.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I got ours done last week. It wiped out the FM stations and all the setup info in the EQ but it kept the SAT programing no problem. It is a welcomed upgrade. However it seems like some things work a little slower now IMO.
Oh no!! I worked hard on my equalizer!! :( Since I had only had mine to drive about a week or so, I don't think I'll notice if things are slower. I agree that the sensus system, in general, seems to add steps. In the CR-V for example, there are buttons for AM FM XM. You just push one and it takes you to the number of channels you can preset on FM1 FM2 XM1 XM2. Sensus adds that step where you have to put radio, dial your choice, press OK, then scan, press OK, then preset. Cumbersome.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I suggest that everyone snap a picture of the EQ settings on their smart phone and also another picture of the bass/treble and Center eq setting etc so it will be easier to put back where it was. I didn't do that unfortunately. Wish I did. Still fiddling with it to get it back where I had the sound just about perfect.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I suggest that everyone snap a picture of the EQ settings on their smart phone and also another picture of the bass/treble and Center eq setting etc so it will be easier to put back where it was. I didn't do that unfortunately. Wish I did. Still fiddling with it to get it back where I had the sound just about perfect.
And I suggest that when you have the eq settings fixed you post a pic for those of us (yes, me) with a tin ear who could never accomplish this on our own. Yes, I know it's subjective, but give me something to compare to.

Jon
>>R-Design still evidently sitting on the Baltimore dock. sigh....

·
Registered
107 Posts
I brought my S60 in today (XC 60 going in next week) for some regular recall items and minor warranty rattle issues... the dealer is putting Sensu 3.0 in both cars, no questions asked... Nothing else is getting done, no oil change, service etc... just warranty work....

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.