SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove down to my dealer today for the 3.0 update. Last time in, they couldn't find the update listed as available for my car on their computer. I called Volvo and had them straighten it out, verified the correction with my dealer, and made the appointment. (Volvo has the Sensus 3.0 update messed up on many cars that qualify for it based on VIN. For some reason, their computers have not included many of the cars that should be getting the update as part of routine service.)

The whole update took less than an hour. I can now scroll through my satellite pre-sets, which I could not do before. I also have the "My Trips" function in the "My Car" menu. I think, but I don't know yet, that the transmission shift points seem less abrupt than they did before. I also didn't notice the transmission downshifting when going down hills. No conclusions until I've had a chance to put on some local miles, but at least nothing seems to have been screwed up.

Car came back washed and vacuumed. No complaints at all with my dealer's service.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just checked my invoice, and saw that they even replaced my wiper blades without me even asking for that to be done. Total service bill=$0.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
+1!

·
Registered
14,004 Posts
Just checked my invoice, and saw that they even replaced my wiper blades without me even asking for that to be done. Total service bill=$0.
Got my second service last week and they didn't replace the wiper blades though it is part of S&S. Granted, I forgot to ask them to replace them but I'm still a little ticked that they put the onus on you to ask for replacement and don't just do it automatically. That said, they didn't forget to ask me if I wanted my tires rotated, which I declined. For the twenty bucks I'll do it myself thanks. So ridiculous that for all the marketing dollars they put into S&S they don't cover tire rotations.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
I assume you are at 15,000 miles; your tires should be rotated if they have never been.

·
Registered
14,004 Posts
Yes, I just had the 15k service done. I rotated them initially at 7.5k.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Help!

Any advice on what you needed to do to get your VIN approved for the Sensus 3.0 update? My car isn't flagged and I'm getting the runaround. Very frustrating! My car is a very early 2011 VIN. If I had to guess it was made within the first 3 or 4 weeks of production.

Nip

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any advice on what you needed to do to get your VIN approved for the Sensus 3.0 update? My car isn't flagged and I'm getting the runaround. Very frustrating! My car is a very early 2011 VIN. If I had to guess it was made within the first 3 or 4 weeks of production.

Nip
Call Volvo's customer service and ask if your car should be included in the 3.0 update. If it is, they will correct the computer records and contact your dealer to schedule an appointment. The whole process takes about a week.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Mention that your bluetooth is dropping out. That gets the Sensus upgrade.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Had the same problem, 2011's do have an upgrade but it is not called "Sensus 3.0" and the dealer (at least mine) had no clue what I was talking about. The upgrade for 2011's has the same added features and bug fixes as "3.0". I was unsuccessful at getting the upgrade until I told them that the satellite radio was freezing. That did the trick for me.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Mention that your bluetooth is dropping out. That gets the Sensus upgrade.
Didn't work for me. I had to go thru Volvo to get my car on the list. Dealer was pissed because I used Volvo Cust Svc but they got the job done. Dealer said I was not approved in the computer (same issue as saholz) but they did it anyway.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I already called Volvo customer care who routed me back to the dealer. Basically customer care acknowledged an update was out, but made it seem that my car wasn't included. They recommended having the dealer check with the Volvo service/warranty dept. To see if my car should be covered. The answer was no.

I'll give Volvo customer care another shot, or raise my concern with Bluetooth performance.

Did anyone else get a mailer about the upgrade? I swear I did, but Volvo claims there was no matter.

·
Registered
329 Posts
There was no mailer. Dealer originally said it wasn't covered as they require a problem to exist to upgrade. Turned out to be the computer glitch saholz mentioned earlier

1 - 13 of 13 Posts