SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sensus Issues

Hi All:

Tonight on the way home we had the latest of a string of Sensus issues. As I went to change the temp of the climate control I noticed that turning the knob no longer caused the temp on the display to change. I had my wife check the passenger side and same result. After a while we figured out that the class mate control did work but the display was frozen and then it would sometimes catchup all of a sudden. This also extended to the heated seat display not changing but seats did get warm, then the seats in the display disappeared completely. Switching between radio, media and navigation worked perfectly and the display switched between then as normal.

Anyone experience this? It's one of many issues we have had that were met with software updates by the dealer. Started with slow screen startup when we started the car then the backup camera started working only intermittently. Software updates seem to have made this better and now this.

Thanks,

TJ

·
Registered
412 Posts
Sensus freaked out on me a few weeks ago, but it was the radio interface, not the climate control. I was trying to listen to satellite radio but was unable to change stations with any of the buttons on the center console or the buttons on the steering wheel. Volume controls still worked normally. I eventually gave up and turned on the CD player. After getting home (30 minute drive), the satellite radio was still not working correctly. I turned the vehicle off, restarted it, and it's been fine since.

I periodically have some issues with the USB interface too. I've only ever used the USB interface with iPhones and they occasionally give me issues. The most common problem is the song shown on the XC's screen is not the song that's actually playing. It's happened with multiple iPhones so I'm confident in the fault belonging to the Volvo and not to Apple.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback Thomas. This ended up much the same. Started the car the next day and the fault was gone. Never returned.

TJ

·
Registered
837 Posts
We are noticing that Sensus is suddenly booting more slowly on our 2012. Is there any way of telling the version of software you have for our particular generation of Sensus w/o Vida?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts